|Level||16 - 87 Elite|
|Wealth||1 32 43|
|Location||Ironclad Cove, Deadmines|
|Status||Deceased (Lore) / Killable (WoW)|
Admiral Ripsnarl, formerly known as James Harrington, is a worgen employed by the Defias Brotherhood. He had a family and a successful naval career until he was infected with the worgen curse.
When James Harrington became afflicted by the worgen curse, he destroyed his loving family and maritime career in one chilling night of bloodlust. Taking on the name Ripsnarl, he fled into Westfall and later agreed to command the Defias Brotherhood's fearsome juggernaut.
Admiral Ripsnarl's Abilities
- Thirst for Blood — Whenever Admiral Ripsnarl lands a successful melee attack, he gains 10% attack speed, 5% movement speed, and grows by 5% for 10 sec. This effect may stack up to 20 times. On heroic mode, it is 20%, 10% and 5% respectively.
- Swipe — Admiral Ripsnarl ferociously swipes his primary target and two other nearby targets in melee range for 46 to 53% of the damage of his normal melee attack. On heroic mode, it's 92 to 107%.
- The Fog — When Admiral Ripsnarl reaches 75%, 50% and 25%, he retreats into the fog and becomes unattackable for a short time.
- Go For the Throat — When Admiral Ripsnarl reveals himself once more from the fog, he leaps at a random enemy dealing 100% of a normal melee attack's damage and stunning the target for 2 sec. In Heroic difficulty, Admiral Ripsnarl will use Go For the Throat during the entire encounter.
- Summon Vapor — When Admiral Ripsnarl reveals himself once more from the fog, he leaps at a random enemy dealing 100% of a normal melee attack's damage and stunning the target for 2 sec. In Heroic Difficulty, When Admiral Ripsnarl is damaged below 10%, three additional vapor creatures form from the fog.
- Condensation — After a Vapor forms, condensation from the moisture in the fog begins to cause the Vapor to grow. If the Vapor is not destroyed within 8 seconds, the Vapor transforms into a Swirling Vapor with its health increased by 100% and damage dealt increased by 100%. If Swirling Vapor is not destroyed in another 8 seconds, it transforms into a Condensing Vapor with its health increased by 100% and damage dealt increased by 200%. If a Condensing Vapor is then not destroyed within 8 more seconds, it finally transforms into a Freezing Vapor with its health increased by 100% and damage dealt increased by 300%.
- Swirling Vapor — When a Vapor transforms into a Swirling Vapor, it gains the ability to cast a spell of the same name. Swirling Vapor deals 9250 to 10750 Frost damage and reduces the movement speed by 25% of all targets within 10 yards in a front facing 60 degree cone for 2 sec.
- Condensing Vapor — When a Swirling Vapor transforms into a Condensing Vapor, it gains the ability to cast a spell of the same name. Condensing Vapor deals 18,500 to 21,500 Frost damage and reduces the movement speed by 25% of all targets within 10 yards in a front facing 60 degree cone for 2 sec.
- Freezing Vapor — When a Condensing Vapor transforms into a Freezing Vapor, it gains the ability to cast a spell of the same name. Freezing Vapor deals 27,750 to 32,200 Frost damage and reduces the movement speed by 25% of all targets within 10 yards in a front facing 60 degree cone for 2 sec.
- Coalesce — When a Vapor fully transforms into a Freezing Vapor, it will then explode dealing 27750 to 32250 Frost damage and knocking back all enemy targets within 80 yards.
Admiral Ripsnarl has a buff called Thirst for Blood, which gives him a 10% (20% heroic) attack speed and a 5% (10% heroic) movement speed increase per stack, stacking up to 20 times, for each successful melee attack he performs. Melee DPS should stay behind the boss to not be hit by Swipe. Every once in a while he will cast Go For the Throat on a random party member, stunning the member for 2 seconds.
Every 25% health, he will vanish and the ship's deck will be overrun by fog. A few adds called Vapors will spawn and need to be killed immediately. In heroic mode, if not killed immediately these mobs will deal tremendous damage and wipe out the party. After a certain amount of time or when the vapors are all dead, Admiral Ripsnarl will cast Go For the Throat on a random group member, stunning them for 2 seconds, and reappear. At around 25% he will disappear into the fog again, but this time he will cast Go For the Throat whilst the adds are continuously spawning, at this point you should cast all your CDs and give it your best on Admiral Ripsnarl and not take note of the adds.
When Ripsnarl dies, all of the vapors will despawn, and "Captain" Cookie will spawn inside the hut.
|Agility two-hand axe|
|Strength one-hand axe|
|DPS caster ring|
- Ah, fresh meat!
- Do you feel that chill running up your spine?
- The fog is rolling in...
- Go For the Throat
- I can smell your fear...
- I will rip your heart from your chest!
- Killing a player
- Your blood only increases my hunger!
- You will... NOT find her... until it is too late...
- The fight can be reset by leaving the ship's deck.
- Strangely, while gives Ripsnarl a hat at Sentinel Hill, he doesn't wear it in the Deadmines.
- The name James Harrington could be a reference to the character James Norrington from the Pirates of the Caribbean series.
- Ripsnarl is voiced by Taliesin Jaffe.
- There is a J.M. Harrington who is the author of . Because the journal ends with him joining the crew of , it is unlikely that there is any connection to Ripsnarl.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.