|Race||Forest troll (Humanoid)|
Akil'zon is a boss of the level 85 version of Zul'Aman. He is considered the first boss of the instance and can still be found on the altar to the north-west.
As a former shaman of the Amani tribe, Akil'zon had a preternatural ability when working with the element of air. This talent caught the eye of Hex Lord Malacrass and made finding a host for the trolls' eagle god an easy task.
Attacks & Abilities
- Static Disruption — Akil'zon charges the air around a random player, inflicting 35000 Nature damage in a 5 yard radius, and increasing Nature damage taken by 25% for 20 sec. This effect stacks up to 10 times.
- Call Lightning — Akil'zon unleashes a burst of electrical energy at his current target, inflicting 28500 to 31500 Nature damage.
- — Akil'zon calls an Amani Kidnapper to snatch a random player into the air.
- — Akil'zon summons a flock of Soaring Eagles. They have very low health.
- Electrical Storm — Akil'zon immobilizes a random player in midair and creates a massive electrical storm for 8 sec. Players within 20 yards of the immobilized player are safe from the storm. Every second a player stands outside this safe distance, the storm inflicts 8000 Nature damage and increases Nature damage taken by 50% for 3 sec.
Spread out to minimize Static Disruption (12 yard radius AoE cast on random targets throughout the fight) damage, and switch DPS to the eagle immediately when it appears. The player picked up by the eagle is not incapacitated, and may continue casting spells.
Akil'zon will periodically cast Electrical Storm, lifting one player up into the air. Immediately move under the player to minimize damage done by the AoE effect.
- I be da predator! You da prey...
- Summoning Birds
- Feed, me bruddahs!
- Killing a player
- Stop your cryin'!
- Ya got nothin'!
- You can't... kill... me spirit!
- Akil'zon is voiced by Marc Graue.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-04-29): "Akil’zon will summon Amani Kidnappers less frequently, but their health has been increased."
- Hotfix (2011-04-26): "The Plucked debuff applied during the Akil’zon encounter should no longer sometimes persist after he is killed."
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Added.