Amnennar the Coldbringer
|Title||The Cold|
|Occupation||Ruler of Razorfen Downs|
Amnennar the Coldbringer is a level 45 elite lich boss found in Razorfen Downs, sitting atop the Spiral of Thorns, a mountain of massive spiked vines infested with his undead minions around a brazier burning with cold flames. He is also known as Amnennar the Cold.
He is the leader of Death's Head, a group of undead quilboars allied with the Scourge. Apparently, his is also its creator; he is credited in the book Compendium of Fallen Heroes for making the abomination which single-handedly slew more than 1,200 quilboars before falling. The corpses were quickly raised by Amnennar, creating the first major Scourge-outpost on Kalimdor. He now rules the Death's Head's every move through the power of his massive consciousness.
Notably, earlier statements suggested that the Death's Head was formed when the quilboars in Razorfen Downs willingly allied themselves with the Scourge. This contradicts the explanation found in Compendium of Fallen Heroes. See the Death's Head-article for details.
Though he was defeated many times, he will return as his phylactery was not destroyed.
Since Warlords of Draenor, worked on a way to revive the lich from his phylactery. entered the downs once again as her previous attempt was not fully completed. Now, with the aid of the adventurers she aided them personally and Blackthorn was killed. However, with his death, Amnennar rose once again. After the lich was slain once more, Koristrasza took his phylactery to the Red dragonflight in order to find a way for its destruction.
The lich Amnennar and his forces participated in the Scourge's assault on Mount Hyjal during the Third War. Afterward, the Lich King instructed his servant to remain in Kalimdor and expand the Scourge's influence, and so Amnennar began plans to create a base from which to strike at Orgrimmar and Theramore. To that end, Amnennar has set his sights on recruiting the recently displaced and desperate quilboar people, promising them power over death so they can repel invaders in their lands.
- Summon Frost Spectres — Summons a .
- Amnennar's Wrath — Knocks an enemy back.
- Chilled — If an enemy strikes the caster, they may have their movement slowed by 30% and the time between their attacks increased by 20% for 5 sec. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time.
- Frost Armor — Encases the caster in a layer of frost that lasts until cancelled. The thick ice increases armor, slows melee attackers' movement, and increases the time between their attacks.
- Frost Nova — Inflicts Frost damage to nearby enemies, immobilizing them for up to 8 sec.
- Frostbolt — Inflicts Frost damage to an enemy and reduces its movement speed for 4 sec.
During the battle Amnennar will summon 3 groups of spectres, ignore them all and kill him fast, as they will die when he is defeated.
Note: The spirits die the moment Amnennar dies and should not be worried about too much, although they can hit for a good deal, but nothing the healing can't handle provided they are kept on the tank.
- You'll never leave this place alive.
- To me, my servants!
- Come, spirits - attend your master!
- Killing a player
- Too... Easy.
- Amnennar is voiced by Marc Graue.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-07-22): " and Amnennar the Coldbringer no longer respawn following their deaths."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level increased from 37 to 45.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Level reduced from 41 to 37.