Archbishop Benedictus (tactics)
|Location||Wyrmrest Temple, Hour of Twilight|
Archbishop Benedictus is the last boss to appear in the Hour of Twilight.
- For character biography, see Archbishop Benedictus.
Archbishop Benedictus is the revered leader of the Church of the Holy Light. For years, his wise guidance has been instrumental in seeing humanity through bleak times. Yet beneath his apparent benevolence lies the shocking truth that Benedictus has pledged himself to the eradication of all life on Azeroth through the agency of his dark master... Deathwing.
Stage One: The Betrayal
Benedictus assaults Thrall with the powers of the Holy Light.
- Righteous Shear — The Righteous Shear inflicts Holy damage to enemies within 10 yards of the target per stack of Righteous Shear.
- Purifying Light — Benedictus forms three orbs of Purifying Light and raises them above his head, sending them to assault a nearby enemy, causing a Purifying Blast.
- Purifying Blast — The Purifying Blast inflicts 80000 Holy damage to enemies within 6 yards.
- Wave of Virtue — Benedictus summons a Wave of Virtue to sweep across the platform which inflicts 100000 Holy damage to nearby enemies, knocking them back.
Stage Two: Twilight Transformation
At 60% health Benedictus shows his true form, transforming into an agent of the Twilight and trapping Thrall in a Twilight Prison.
- Twilight Shear — The Twilight Shear inflicts Shadow damage to enemies within 10 yards of the target per stack of Twilight Shear.
- Corrupting Twilight — Benedictus forms three orbs of Corrupting Twilight and raises them above his head, sending them to assault a nearby enemy, causing a Twilight Blast.
- Twilight Blast — The Twilight Blast inflicts 80000 Shadow damage to enemies within 6 yards.
- Wave of Twilight — Benedictus summons a Wave of Twilight to sweep across the platform which inflicts 100000 Shadow damage to nearby enemies, knocking them back.
Thrall will assist his allies, helping to combat Archbishop Benedictus.
- Cleansing Spirit — Thrall Cleanses the Spirit, dispeling one stack of a magic debuff!
- Chain Lightning — Thrall lashes out at the Purifying Light, jumping to another nearby target, destroying them.
- Water Shell — The Water Shell protects allies from the Wave of Virtue and increases damage done by 100% while inside the Water Shell.
The keys to victory in this fight are your group's ability to avoid Benedictus' most powerful attacks and your healer's attentiveness in dispelling Righteous/Twilight Shear. During phase one Benedictus will summon three Purifying Light orbs, two of which Thrall will destroy with his chain lightning, leaving only one to avoid. When Benedictus summons the Wave of Virtue, all party members should move to the Water Shell Thrall creates regardless of where the wave is traveling in order to benefit from the bonus damage the shield provides.
At 60% Benedictus will cast Twilight Epiphany, signaling the start of his phase two. All of his ability mechanics remain the same, however Thrall will be unable to assist in weakening them. There will be three Corrupting Twilight orbs that must be dodged or destroyed by a ranged DPS and there will be no shield to hide under for the Wave of Twilight. However, as long as your healer is on top of dispelling Twilight Shear, the fight stays relatively low in damage if players dodge the attacks well.
- Archbishop Benedictus comes out from Chamber of Aspects after the party has vanquished the Faceless gauntlet.
- Archbishop Benedictus says: Get inside! Quickly! I'll hold them off.
- The party proceeds inside the Chamber.
- Archbishop Benedictus says: And now, Shaman, you will give the Dragon Soul to me.
- Thrall says: I will not, Archbishop. It will never be yours.
- Archbishop Benedictus says: I suppose it has to be this way, then. If only you'd seen what I've seen. THEN you'd understand.
- Thrall says: You were a figurehead of the Light, Benedictus. How could you betray your own people?
- Archbishop Benedictus says: There is no good. No evil. No Light. There is only POWER!
- Archbishop Benedictus says: We serve this world's TRUE masters! When their rule begins, we will share in their glory!
- And YOU! We will FEAST on your ashes! Now, DIE!
- Wave of Virtue
- The light will consume you!
- Twilight Epiphany
- Witness my POWER!
- Wave of Twilight
- Drown in Shadow!
- Killing a player
- Light be with you.
- May your faith guide you.
- I looked into the eyes of The Dragon, and despaired...
- "There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it." - is a quote from Lord Voldemort in the first Harry Potter movie.
- "Look into the eyes of The Dragon and despair" is a quote from Merlin in John Boorman's 1981 film, Excalibur.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.