<Caliph of Zephyrs>
83 - 87 Elite
The fearsome elemental Asaad was named guardian of the Vortex Pinnacle by Al'Akir himself. With Siamat, Lord of the South Wind, imprisoned by the Neferset tol'vir, Asaad believes he may ascend to the Conclave of Wind if he performs his duties well.
- Unstable Grounding Field — Asaad uses his command of lightning to form a triangular field at a random location on the platform. Any spell targeting a unit standing within the boundaries of the field is redirected away.
- Supremacy of the Storm — Asaad calls down an immense storm of lightning, inflicting 19475 to 21525 Nature damage every 0.5 second on every player on the platform for 6 sec.
- Chain Lightning — Asaad unleashes a lightning bolt at a random enemy player, inflicting 25437 to 29562 Nature damage. The bolt then arcs to additional players within 40 yards, with each subsequent player taking 50% less damage from the the lightning.
- Skyfall Star — Asaad periodically calls a Skyfall Star to join the fight.
- Static Cling — Asaad creates a static field along the ground, causing any player touching the ground when his casting completes to be immobilized in place for 18 sec.
The fight itself is basically a tank and spank, with a couple of minor twists. Ranged and healers should spread out some to mitigate the damage from Chain Lightning. Every so often, the boss will cast a spell called Static Cling which freezes everyone in place. The spell can't be interrupted, but it can be avoided by jumping just before he finishes casting it (you must be in the air at the time he finishes casting to avoid getting stuck). Players should keep an eye on his casting bar, as there is no other warning to indicate that he is casting (Deadly Boss Mods, however, warns you when he is casting it if you have the add-on installed). The debuff can be dispelled, but it can get expensive for the healers.
Every so often, the boss creates an Unstable Grounding Field on the ground (he'll yell "Al'Akir, your servant calls for aid!" whenever he starts casting). Anybody who is stuck to the ground with Static Cling should be dispelled at this time, and everyone must group up within the area. It's usually triangular in shape, with enough room for everyone to fit. After he finishes creating the field, he'll appear above the field and cast an AoE which will wipe out anybody unfortunate enough to not be under the boss. Damage the boss if you can during this, but your primary concern is to stay alive.
Rinse and repeat.
- YOU tread upon the sacrosanct! Mortals have no place amidst the clouds.
- Unstable Grounding Field
- Al'Akir, your servant calls for aid!
- Killing a player
- BACK to the earth with you!
- The winds take me!
|DPS caster ring|
|Spirit cloth leggings|
|Agility leather gloves|
|DPS plate leggings|
|Caster plate helmet|
- Canthus and Cause and Effect vs Asaad (5 man normal) Shattered Halls Eu
- Cause and Effect vs Heroic Asaad (5 man) Shattered Halls Eu
- How To: Asaad - Vortex Pinnacle Heroic
- How To: Asaad - Heroic Vortex Pinnacle - Final Boss
Asaad is voiced by J.B. Blanc.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.