- "The Ashen Verdict is a select group of the most talented craftsmen in the Ebon Blade and the Argent Crusade. Its creation symbolizes the unity of our forces as we mount this final assault on the Lich King and his minions. It is through the Ashen Verdict's efforts that we have discovered how to bend saronite to our will."
- —Highlord Darion Mograine
The Ashen Verdict is the name of the alliance struck between the Argent Crusade, led by Highlord Tirion Fordring, and the Knights of the Ebon Blade, led by Highlord Darion Mograine. Much like the Shattered Sun Offensive against Kael'thas Sunstrider, the Ashen Verdict is a combination of separate orders for a common purpose: the final assault against the Scourge in Icecrown Citadel and the eventual fall of the Lich King.
The strongest combatants of this coalition, along with the champions of the Alliance and Horde, will lead the charge against the citadel.
Having learned how to bend [Primordial Saronite] to their will, the skilled smiths have set out on a legendary task: repurposing Arthas Menethil's former weapon, [Light's Vengeance] — discarded in lieu of Frostmourne — to forge a new weapon: [Shadowmourne].
The process of forging Shadowmourne will play out in one of the most legendary quest chains seen since the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj:
- [80R] The Sacred and the Corrupt
- [80R] Shadow's Edge
- [80R] A Feast of Souls
- [80R] Unholy Infusion
- [80R] Blood Infusion
- [80R] Frost Infusion
- [80R] The Splintered Throne
- [80R] Empowerment
- [80R] Shadowmourne...
- [80R] The Lich King's Last Stand
At friendly reputation with the Ashen Verdict, Ormus the Penitent, the death knight Tier 10 vendor, will offer the quest  Choose Your Path, which will allow the player to choose one of the five paths. Like the rings provided by the Violet Eye, these will become progressively more powerful as the reputation increases.
Most trash mobs in Icecrown Citadel give 15 reputation (plus the bonus for [Diplomacy] if you're human). Some of the larger mobs, such as the Deathbound Wards and Deathspeaker High Priests, give 49 or 50. Most bosses give 250 (except for Gunship Battle, which gives 100), and defeating Sister Svalna, the miniboss who guards the entrance to the Frostwing Halls, gives 450, The Lich King gives 1500. The mobs of the opposite faction that you face between Lady Deathwhisper and the Gunship Battle don't offer any reputation.
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-02-01): New strength-based melee DPS rings are now available from representatives of the Ashen Verdict.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.