- "Celestials" redirects here. For the world boss encounters, see Chi-Ji (tactics), Niuzao (tactics), Xuen (tactics), and Yu'lon (tactics). For the in-game faction, see August Celestials
The August Celestials are four creatures that watch over Pandaria also known as Wild Gods. They are the same type of creature as the Ancients, but stayed in Pandaria instead of Kalimdor. It is unclear if they can visit the Emerald Dream.
Like the Dragon Aspects, the August Celestials have the ability to take on mortal forms. Yu'lon's pandaren disguise is known as Fei, and during the trial of Garrosh Hellscream, Niuzao took on the form of a glowing tauren, Chi-Ji a red-headed blood elf with golden wings like a cape, and Xuen a pale blue human with white and black stripes on his skin and in his hair.
They consist of:
Temples of the Celestials
There are four respective temples dedicated to August Celestials in whole of Pandaria. Each of them houses the followers and monks dedicated to serve them.
- Chi-Ji has the Temple of the Red Crane in Krasarang Wilds, in southern Pandaria.
- Niuzao has Niuzao Temple in Townlong Steppes, in western Pandaria.
- Xuen has the Temple of the White Tiger in Kun-Lai Summit, in northern Pandaria.
- Yu'lon has the Temple of the Jade Serpent in the Jade Forest, in eastern Pandaria.
- Like the other Ancient Guardians, the August Celestials might have some relation to the Loa.
- They are apparently based on the four symbols of Chinese mythology, with the Black Ox replacing the Black Tortoise and exchanging cardinal directions with the White Tiger.