Avatar of the Martyred
Avatar of the Martyred can be found in Auchenai Crypts. It is summoned by during his boss fight.
- Mortal Strike — The Avatar of the Martyred strikes his current target, inflicting Physical damage and reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 50%.
- Sunder Armor — The Avatar of the Martyred hacks at an enemy's armor, reducing it with each application of Sunder Armor. Sunder armor stacks up to 5 times and lasts for 20 sec.
Although this mob spawns on both Normal and Heroic difficulty, it only has drops on Heroic difficulty. It doesn't drop any Badges of Justice nor Spirit Shards.
If you are a high-level character attempting to farm for the Avatar of the Martyred's loot, here is what you should do:
- Unequip your weapon(s) and remove any buffs that deal passive damage (such as ).
- Wait for Exarch Maladaar to use his Stolen Soul ability. This will decrease both your healing and damage done by 50% for 2 minutes, so long as you don't kill the Stolen Soul mob summoned by the ability.
- Land enough hits to put the boss' health at 25% or below, then stop auto-attacking.
- Once Exarch Maladaar has summoned the Avatar of the Martyred, you may kill both of them.