|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Battle Pet Level: 25
Southwestern Broken Isles
Contested territory (PvP realms only)
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Legion|
- Not to be confused with Aszune.
- Azsuna was once a gem of the night elf empire. Now much of it lies in ruins, a home for vengeful elven spirits and hidden enclaves of blue dragons. What remains of this haunted land has come under threat from conflict among Azeroth's defenders, an army of serpentine naga, and the Burning Legion.
Azsuna is an island and zone in the southwestern part of the Broken Isles. It holds the ruins of the night elf civlization that existed before the Sundering. The ghosts of ancient night elves roam this area, along with remnants of the blue dragonflight. The Nightfallen maintain a presence here. Azsuna was not destroyed in the Great Sundering, but was actually devastated several years before that by Queen Azshara herself.
As one of the queen's trusted advisors, Farondis was in regular contact with the Highborne of Zin-Azshari, but his palace in Azsuna was several leagues away from the elven capital. As such, he was able to witness Sargeras' influence on the Highborne court without falling sway to the Legion lord's temptation.
Farondis' plan was bold, but simple: destroy the Well of Eternity in Zin-Azshari. Doing so would close the portal to Sargeras' realm and stem the tide of evil before it even started. In order to accomplish this task, he would use the power of an artifact stored deep within Nar'thalas Academy: the Tidestone of Golganneth.
Unfortunately, the queen's influence in Farondis' palace was already deep-seated. Vandros, a young noble in Farondis' court, caught word of Farondis' plans to defy the Queen, and reported the insurrection to Queen Azshara herself.
Azshara wasted no time in punishing Farondis and his people. In a frightening display of arcane power, she destroyed the Tidestone of Golganneth, and in doing so, released a wave of dark energy over all of Azsuna and its inhabitants.
Since that day, the elves of Azsuna have been unable to experience the release of death, and their spirits wander the land indefinitely.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size|
|Eye of Azshara||100-110||5|
|Vault of the Wardens||100-110||5|
- Flight paths from Illidari Stand
- Flight paths from Illidari Perch
- Flight paths from Azurewing Repose
- Flight paths from Challiane's Terrace
- Flight paths from Felblaze Ingress
- Flight paths from Shackle's Den
- Flight paths from Warden's Redoubt
- Flight paths from Watcher's Aerie
- Flight paths from Eye of Azshara
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Val'sharah||100-110 (scaled)||North||By foot or by flight path|
|Suramar||110||Northeast||By foot or by flight path|
- Main article: Azsuna NPCs
- Main article: Azsuna storyline
- Main article: Azsuna vignettes
- Lion seals
- Mana wyrms
- Shale spiders
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.