Baron Ashbury (tactics)
- For biography, see Baron Ashbury.
21 - 87 Elite
5,100 - 931,000
Baron Ashbury is the first boss of the Shadowfang Keep instance.
Baron Ashbury is one of two of the Gilnean eastern lords convinced by Lord Godfrey to go with his plan. He was later resurrected by the Forsaken along with Lord Godfrey and Lord Walden and have fled into the Shadowfang Keep along with his companions shortly after the failed assassination attempt on Sylvanas Windrunner.
Slain by worgen and raised into undeath by the Forsaken, the traitor Baron Ashbury toys with his foes, keeping them alive so he can inflict maximum pain and suffering.
- Asphyxiate — Baron Ashbury begins to suffocate all nearby enemies with the shadows, inflicting Shadow damage every 1 sec.
- Calamity — At 25% health, Baron Ashbury unleashes his true power, taking on the form of the Dark Archangel and bringing a Calamity on all nearby enemies inflicting 4875 to 5125 Shadow damage every 1 sec.
- Dark Archangel Form — Baron Ashbury unleashes his full power, taking the form of a Dark Archangel.
- Pain and Suffering — Baron Ashbury inflicts the target with Pain and Suffering, inflicting increasing Shadow damage every 1 sec!
- Stay of Execution — Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies for 50% health.
- Wracking Pain — Baron Ashbury enjoys inflicting Racking Pain on his victims, inflicts 10000 Shadow damage and increases Shadow damage taken by 20% for 2 min. Stacks.
The adds in the room should be cleared prior to engaging Baron. This fight is mainly healing intensive for low levels. He does not have a strong melee and the tank can be easily healed. DPS should focus on just dpsing him down. Every few seconds, he will lift the party up and cause 200 damage per second for around 4-5 seconds (800-1000 damage). Shields and HoTs should be given prior to this spell. He will cast a healing spell after the party returns to the ground, which should heal the group to near enough their full health. Repeat this process until Baron Ashbury dies.
In heroic mode, Stay of Execution will heal Baron Ashbury as well as the other players. The fight hinges on correct use of interrupts and healing: as Asphyxiate reduces everyone to 1hp, it is impractical to attempt to heal everyone back to full health; and without Stay of Execution, Ashbury is likely to kill multiple people with Wracking Pain before the healer can catch up.
Pain and Suffering, a channeled DoT on a random party member, should be interrupted or dispelled. Stay of Execution, cast immediately after Asphyxiate, should be interrupted after it ticks once or twice: too few ticks will end up getting people killed; too many, and Ashbury will regain too much health.
Calamity is essentially an enrage at the end of the fight. Once it starts, no more interrupts or tanking is necessary. DPS should burn all cooldowns at this point and try to take him down before the healer runs out of mana.
Ashbury will occasionally talk to the prisoners before the fight:
- Towards Magistrate Henry Maleb
- Baron Ashbury says: If I had my way, you would be long dead. Your kind disgusts me.
- Magistrate Henry Maleb says: Better to rot in this cell than live as a dishonorable traitor.
- Towards Forsaken Troopers
- Baron Ashbury says: I'm trying to convince Godfrey to just kill all of you to end your misery, but he keeps telling me no. More pain and suffering for the lot of you, then!
- Forsaken Trooper says: Bastard.
- Tally ho! The hunt begins!
- <Asphyxiate> Cast
- This is just too easy...
- <Stay of Execution> Cast
- HA! Let's at least keep it interesting.
- <Dark Archangel> Cast
- I grow tired of this hunt... Time to die!
- During the fight, the prisoners will say the following
- Magistrate Henry Maleb says: Tear him apart!
- Forsaken Trooper says: Yeah, get him!
- Killing a player
- There was no sport in that kill.
- Killed by lowly commoners. How droll...
Scene after death
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: Pathetic.
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: Keep moving forward. My men will dispose of this sorry bag of bones.
- Bloodfang Berserker says: Bones?
- The Bloodfang Berserkers begin to salivate heavily.
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: Control yourselves! We're here for Godfrey's head above all else. Relish in the spoils of war later!
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: We have to push forward if we're to put an end to him. Follow me, I'll open the courtyard so that you can spearhead our assault.
- Packleader Ivar Bloodfang says: What a pathetic lock! Godfrey is going to have to try harder than this if he wants to defeat us.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: You're more skilled in combat than I thought.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Very well then. Let's get the courtyard door open so we can continue our mission!
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: This lock should be easy enough to pick.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: There we go!