- Were you looking for The Beast, a boss in Upper Blackrock Spire?
Most standard animals in World of Warcraft are beasts, such as bears, wolves, raptors, etc.
Characteristics in World of Warcraft
- Nearly all beasts can be skinned, with the exception of intelligent beasts, most birds, and some insects.
- Some beasts can [Stealth], have diseases, poisonous attacks, or great speed; a few have more exotic attacks.
- Trolls have a [Beast Slaying] racial trait that gives them bonus attack power against beasts.
- Enchanters can enchant weapons with Beastslaying, which gives the player bonus attack power against beasts, and also causes their weapon to glow red.
- Not all are hostile. Some will only attack if you attack them or another nearby creature first.
- Can be polymorphed by mages.
- Most can be hibernated by Druids.
- Most can be tamed by Hunters, making them the player's pet. Can also be tracked, scared, and learned about.
- Druids who shapeshift into [Bear Form], [Cat Form], [Travel Form], [Aquatic Form], [Flight Form] or [Swift Flight Form], and Shamans who cast [Ghost Wolf] are considered beasts.
List of beasts