|Title||Archaeology Trainer, Reliquary|
|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Silvermoon City, Reliquary|
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Belloc Brightblade is plays a role in the Schnottz's Landing questline, plotting to assassinate . Adventurers are directed to him after finding a excavation book. He takes the book from the adventurers and sends them off to interact with guests at Schnottz's Landing. Soon after, Belloc Brightblade sends the adventurers to hunt down animals since Schnottz is a skilled leatherworker. Later on, adventurers are sent by Brightblade to gather uniforms for Schnottz's group. Ultimately Schnottz is killed by a bombing caused by . Afterward, Brightblade mysteriously vanishes.
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Belloc Brightblade is seen leading a large group of Reliquary from Sparkrocket Outpost in Krasarang Wilds during the Domination Point storyline. He sends some members of the Reliquary into an ancient mogu mine. Brightblade tasks adventurers with checking up on the operations.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Belloc Brightblade ventures through the Dark Portal into alternate Draenor with the Horde. He is in search of an artifact on Ashran and is at odds with . Brightblade can also be killed as a bonus objective for Alliance adventurers.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
In Krasarang Wilds:
Those of the Explorers' League and The Reliquary are very much alike: Archaeology is our religion, yet we have both fallen from the pure faith.
Our methods have not differed as much as they pretend. We are but a shadowy reflection of them.
It would take only a nudge to make them like us. To push them out of the light...
- His name and dress sense are likely a reference to René Belloq, the main antagonist from Raiders of the Lost Ark. This also fits with the Alliance Archaeology trainer, , who himself is a reference to Harrison Ford's role as Indiana Jones.
- After the quest Battlezone is completed, 's hut is blown up. Belloc mysteriously vanishes, and is the last time he is seen in all of Uldum, arousing suspicions that he planned the bombing. Schnottz then blames the adventurer for attempting to assassinate him. This turn of events is probably inspired by the assassination plot on Hitler in 1944.
- Belloc's daughter, Cymre, does not think particularly highly of his work. She points out that simply taking artifacts without seeking the truth is not "archaeology".
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added in Krasarang Wilds.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added in Orgrimmar and Uldum.
- ^ in-game abilities