- For the NPC in Kun-Lai Summit, see Black Arrow (NPC).
Black Arrow is a Survival hunter ability available at level 50.
In the Wrath of the Lich King beta, Black Arrow also drained mana from the victim. This was changed to 6% increased damage taken by target, probably because of redundancy arising from the already existing .
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Black Arrow will no longer be tied in with the traps nor share a cooldown with Explosive Trap. This ability will be similar to Serpent Sting, in which, it will have no cooldown and simply be a dot, and include damage done to enemies in a straight line from the hunter to their target.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2015-07-20): "Damage increased by 25%."
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): Now has a cooldown of 24 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Damage increased by 15%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Black Arrow now deals 10% more damage.
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): Now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Damage done has been increased by roughly 40%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer increases the target's damage taken. Moved from tier 9 to tier 7, now requires .
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Ranks 5 and 6 training costs have been lowered significantly.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.