- For the NPC in Kun-Lai Summit, see Black Arrow (NPC).
Black Arrow is a level 30 Marksmanship hunter talent.
- In Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Black Arrow is an ability used by the Dark Ranger hero unit. The WC3 version of the spell increases the damage of the Dark Ranger's attacks, and enemies killed while the effect is active will be raised as skeletal minions. This is mimicked by the Legion version of Black Arrow summoning an undead beast to assist the hunter.
- In the Wrath of the Lich King beta, Black Arrow also drained mana from the victim. This was changed to 6% increased damage taken by target, probably because of redundancy arising from the already existing .
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned into a Marksmanship hunter talent (was Survival). Damage increased from 567% to 640%, duration reduced from 20 to 8 sec. Now only resets when an enemy is killed, and summons a minion to taunt the target.
- Hotfix (2015-07-20): "Damage increased by 25%."
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): Now has a cooldown of 24 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Damage increased by 15%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Black Arrow now deals 10% more damage.
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): Now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Damage done has been increased by roughly 40%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer increases the target's damage taken. Moved from tier 9 to tier 7, now requires .
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Ranks 5 and 6 training costs have been lowered significantly.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.