Blast Wave is a level 30 Fire mage talent.
Tips and tactics
This spell adds another spell to both the mage's area damage and crowd control lists. It deals excellent damage, and the daze allows a mage to run clear and start another spell before the targets come back to full speed.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Damage reduced by 50% and is no longer castable on a target enemy or ally. Now available at level 30 (from 60).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer replaces . Now available at level 60 (from 75).
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Re-added as a level-75 Fire mage talent.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed as a spell. Blast Wave has been built into .
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now has a 40 yards range. Cooldown reduced from 30 to 15 sec. A wave of flame radiates outward from the target location, damaging all enemies caught within the blast for 761.84 to 897.94 Fire damage and are slowed by 70% for 3 sec. Knock back effect removed.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The mana cost of this talent has been significantly reduced.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): No longer receives double the intended critical strike bonus from Combustion.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added a knockback effect to the spell. Targets are now thrown between 10 and 15 yards away from the caster.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): The bonus this spell receives from effects that increase spell damage has been increased.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): Will now show spell data in the talent page.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Will now cause damage to targets immune to immobilizing effects.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Damage radius fixed so damage properly extends to 10 yd.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Training costs added to ranks.