|Level: 11 - 20
Battle Pet Level: 3 - 6
Bloodmyst Isle, once named Silvergale by the draenei before sickness spread across the land, is the second of the two major isles of the Azuremyst Isles. North of the main island, Azuremyst Isle, Bloodmyst is often the next step in the journey for ambitious young draenei.
Bloodmyst Isle has been ravaged by radiation from the crashed draenei ship, the Exodar. Red crystals dot the land, and the eerie red mist for which the isle was renamed covers everything. Even the great pine trees which cover the island have taken on a crimson tinge. The creatures of the isle have mutated, in some cases becoming hostile. The draenei, hoping to find a way to restore the island, have set up an outpost known as Blood Watch near the center of the island.
Several giant creatures can be found on Bloodmyst Isle. The northwest of Bloodmyst Isle is home to a huge spider called , its spawn grown to unnatural sizes due to contamination by the spaceship debris. Near the Vector Coil, Blood Elves have set up camp to control its energies and use it to empower their secret leader. Heroes of the draenei are called upon to bring her down. A smaller island off the coast to the northeast, called Wyrmscar Island, is now home to the ghost of a dragon called .
Before the Great Sundering, this island was once heavily populated by night elves, centered at the large city of Loreth'Aran. The night elves who once inhabited this city were blessed by the Green dragonflight and its queen , and the Dragon Riders of Loreth'Aran rode these powerful green dragons into battle while also living alongside them. The city was destroyed when the black dragonflight betrayed their green kin and descended upon the unwary night elves and green dragons. Led by a lieutenant of , the fearsome , the black dragonflight wiped out Loreth'Aran and its defenders in a savage maelstrom of flame and death. The city of Loreth'Aran's destruction was made complete by the cataclysm, as the ocean swept in and the earth erupted, leaving only a few remaining ruins scattered across separate islands where once a shining city stood. Wyrmscar Island is now home to bones, the restless spirits of slain green whelplings, and the ghost of , a night elf prince of Loreth'Aran.
The island was originally known as Silvergale when the draenei first landed, as beautiful as nearby Azuremyst Isle. The island has for a long time lain out of view from central Kalimdor, and has largely been left to itself by the neighboring tauren and night elves. It is likely that this is why many enemies of the night elves, such as satyrs and naga, have found a haven here. Murlocs, furbolg, moonkin and treants also inhabit the island.
The island was corrupted by blood red crystals from the draenei's dimensional ship, the ''Exodar''. Blood-like liquid seeps from many of the crystals into the ground. The corruption from the liquid caused creatures and plants to become irradiated. The air was polluted with red-tinted mist from the red liquid. Due to the corruption the island was renamed "Bloodmyst". When the Exodar crashed on Azuremyst Isle, several large pieces of the dimensional ship fell on Bloodmyst. These pieces are now used both by the draenei and by other creatures as a form of shelter.
- Bloodmyst Isle is only accessible from Azuremyst Isle, which can only be reached by boat from Rut'theran Village in Teldrassil. Since Cataclysm, there is also a flight path that connects the village to Azure Watch on Azuremist Isle, which in turn is connected to Blood Watch.
- Members of the Horde who want to visit Bloodmyst Isle must first hijack a boat from the Alliance-aligned Rut'theran, sail to Azuremyst Isle, then head north to Bloodmyst Isle. Be wary: it is not possible to use flying mounts on both Azuremyst and Bloodmyst islands and you will have to make your way through enemy territories on the ground. However, if your level is high enough to use a flying mount, you probably will not experience any difficulties with enemy NPCs; and the zone is extremely rarely visited by Alliance players above level 20.
Bloodmyst Isle lies off the west coast of northern Kalimdor. The island is divided into two sections by a narrow strip of water. The smaller section, which is connected by bridge to Azuremyst Isle, is yet untainted by the red mist which covers the main part of the island.
There are no instanced dungeons or battlegrounds on Bloodmyst Isle. The micro dungeon, The Vector Coil, can be found here. Blood Watch serves as the zone's travel hub, connecting it to Azuremyst Isle.
Maps and sub-regions
Flight paths from Blood Watch
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Azuremyst Isle||1-12||South||By swimming, foot, and flight path from Blood Watch|
- Main article: Bloodmyst Isle NPCs
- Main article: Bloodmyst Isle storyline
- Blood Elves
- Dragon Whelps
- Water Elementals
- Bloodmyst Isle has at least a couple references to Star Wars. The flight master at Blood Watch is named Laando and there is a quest called The Kessel Run. It may be an homage zone to the films, much like Un'Goro Crater is an homage to classic Nintendo.
- The crystal contamination could be a reference to Tiberium from the Command and Conquer series where it causes similar problems to the Exodar crystals (infested or consumed flora and fauna, mutations with crystal characteristics).