The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about the brawls. The second rule...
The Brawler's Guild is an organization that arranges one on one battles between willing combatants, captured monsters, and other participants in gladiatorial combat. Being a neutral organization, members of the Horde and Alliance are both allowed to enter, rising through the Brawler's Guild ranks with more wins. Prizes are awarded at higher ranks. The fights are all solo PvE matches in which the players must adapt and use different strategies depending on which opponent they are currently facing, making the Brawler's Guild one of the most challenging PvE activities a player can attempt on their own.
On 27 November, patch 5.1 and the Brawler's Guild went live, and Community Manager Nethaera again confirmed how invites will be obtained. "Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the Black Market Auction House, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs." 
The , which is Bind on Pickup, will appear on the Black Market Auction House, with the initial bid being 1000. Additionally, an invitation may rarely be found on one of the six faction champions required for the achievement in Krasarang Wilds.
- <Champion of Arms>
- <Champion of the Shadows>
- <Champion of the Light>
- <Champion of Arms>
- <Champion of the Shadows>
- <Champion of the Light>
Upon reaching Rank 7 with Bizmo's Brawlpub or Brawl'gar Arena players will receive one ( / ) in the mail. The pass can be traded and sold on the Auction House to other players and is the only other means to gain access to the Brawler's Guild. An additional pass is awarded upon reaching Rank 9.
Using either invite, the account is flagged to join the Brawler's Guild, giving all characters on a player's account access to the guild. Future expansions will not get rid of this membership. Once you're in, you're in for life!
A nice little bonus is that once you reach rank 8, this gives you the right to go into the area for VIPs only.
Speak to any bouncer or look at the Queued for Brawl buff tooltip to see your spot in line. Then, wait until the queue pops - a boss emote will display warning that the next turn is the adventurer's:
- You are next in line!
There will be no warning upon getting teleported to the arena floor. The fight lasts two minutes before the arena itself will kill adventurers who take too long.
The queue system is simple: who queued earlier, that fights earlier.
But there is one important exception: you will be queued second for your first fight in this day - current fight, next fight, and your fight. This rule is applied to every your eligible character, not to your account.
After the match
Losers will have to be resurrected.
Normally, challengers will only fight the next higher-ranked gladiator until it is defeated or the challenger throws in the towel, but the addition of Challenge Cards gives challengers the opportunity to relive earlier fights. For the ranked fights, defeating a gladiator will unlock that gladiator's challenge card. There are also rare challenge cards, unlocked upon gaining higher ranks and completing quests that are started by items found in the world.
As part of keeping the Brawler's Guild fresh, Patch 6.0.2 retuned the fights for level 100 players, putting an end to the first season of fights. When players reach level 100 they will find that their ranks have been reset to one and the fights have been changed around, with some bosses going away from the rank rotation completely and becoming Challenge Card fights, making a max of eight ranks again. For example, Bruce will now be a Rank 5 fight and Hexos is removed. Players will also find new achievements for reaching the higher ranks again, the old ones being moved to the new Legacy achievements tab.
- Rank 1
- Also entering the arena: Goredome! He WILL attempt to gore you. With his dome.
- Also entering the arena: Goredome! So-named because he will gore you. With his dome.
- - From deep within the bowels of Blackrock Mountain, it's Sanoriak, master of flame!
- We also welcome Smash Hoofstomp, the terrible tauren from Thunder Bluff! Look at those GREAT shoulderpads!
- We also welcome Smash Hoofstomp, the terrible tauren from Thunder Bluff!
- - Some of you veterans might remember this guy. He may be Broken, but today, he means to break you! It's Akama!
- Rank 2
- He'll peck your eyes out if you give him a chance. It's Dippy!
- We also welcome everybody's favorite frosty feathered friend: Dippy!
- - Also entering the arena: Kirrawk, wind-wielding arakkoa of the Terokkar Forest!
- - Now this is what I'm talking about! More dinosaurs, please! It's King Kulaka!!
- In the other corner... a disgusting green pile of goblin idiocy, riding on a lumbering chariot of shame. It's Fran and Riddoh! Everybody boo!
- In the other corner... hey look! It's my buddy, Fran! And he brought his mount with him!
- Rank 3
- - Hey hey! Look what we've scooped up for you today... it's Blat!
- - In the other corner, we have Vian, the flame-flinging follower of the Thunder King!
- - We found this one scuttling in circles in Silithus. From the looks of him, somebody mostly killed him already. It's Ixx!
- - We spent days trying to find this one in Sholazar Basin. Welcome to the jungle! It's Mazhareen!
- Rank 4
- - He may be a huge chicken, but he'll still put up a fight. It's Tyson Sanders!
- - Aww... look at the cute little snake, Nibbleh! Go ahead, let him nibble on your toes. Let's see what happens.
- When I see her smile, it makes me smile. When she casts a spell, it puts a spell on me. When I see her horns, it makes me feel... intrigued. It's Dominika!
- Sure, she's wearing a dress, and her knees bend the wrong way, but that doesn't mean she can't walk all over you. It's Dominika!
- - And... Meatball.
- Rank 5
- - What's better than an explosion? Lots and lots of explosions! In this corner, we have Big Badda Boom!!
- Up next, it's Millie Watt! I used to date her in engineering school!
- Up next, probably the weakest, ugliest, and least genius combatant I've ever seen. It's the stupid, smelly gnome, Millie Watt! Everybody boo!
- - Also entering the arena: Bruce, a crocolisk we found!
- The opposition includes some of Gnomeregan's finest... although they've all seen better days. It's the leper gnome quintet!
- Five on one hardly seems fair, but come on... they're half-dead gnomes. It's the leper gnome quintet!
- Rank 6
- Oh dear... I'm sorry, but it looks like you're going to have to fight Proboskus.
- Ha ha ha! What bad luck you have! It's Proboskus! Ahhh ha ha ha! I've got twenty five gold that says you die in the fire!
- - He's not a real doctor, but he's going to attempt some facial reconstruction surgery. On his next opponent. Welcome, Doctor FIST!
- - Quiet down everyone... we don't want to make it angry. Just gaze in silent awe at Unguloxx, the murderaffe!
- - We found this one cawing up a storm in Auchindoun. Give it up for Yikkan Izu!
- Rank 7
- - Their partnership was never meant to be. It actually makes me sick a little bit. Here comes GG Engineering!
- - Also entering the arena: The Dark Summoner. Wow, he doesn't even have a real name. Spooky!
- Also entering the arena: Battletron! This hunk o' junk is just waiting to explode all over you!
- Also entering the arena: Battletron! Sure, it's not goblin-engineered... but it still might kill you!
- - He represents everything that is just, and righteous, and several other virtues which are of no interest to most of you. It's the draenei palidin, Ahoo'ru!
- Challenge Card Fights
- - Also entering the arena: the hozen with the box of bombs! It's Master Boom Boom, the dynamite throwing monkey monk!
- - Throw down your weapon and pick up your gloves. It's time for a good olf-fashioned boxing match. Prepare to be floored by Ty'thar!
- - He's probably the most deadly brawler we've ever had here at the Brawl'gar Arena. Unfortunately, he's a little out of his element. Everybody raise your glass for Razorgrin!
- - Brawl'gar veterans may remember Blat, the self-replicating ooze. Today, we meet his maener, uglier, older sister: Splat!
- - Well well well... look who came waddling back. It's the bruised-beaked bouncing bird, Dippy! And this time, he's not alone!
- - What's this? Bruce is back! A better, faster, stronger Bruce! It's MECHA-BRUCE!!
- - Ever wonder what we do with all our obsolete robots? We send them to their deaths in bloody gladiatorial arenas, of course! Here comes Blingtron 3000!
- - He's a strategic mastermind, and he doesn't even have a head. Or an elbow, even. It's Ro-Shambo! Let's give him a hand!
- - No introduction could possibly do our challengers justice. Feast your eyes on the Bear and the Lady Fair!
- - Get out your shovels, everyone! Mingus Diggs is about to teach us a lesson in archaeology!
- - He's never seen an opponent that he wouldn't fight. Ah, small correction: he's never seen an opponent. He's the Blind Hero!
- Legacy Fights
Legacy fights are those that were part of Season 1, but were removed and made available only through challenge cards.
- Well, wrap me in leather and tug my leash: it's Dungeon Master Vishas!
- We also welcome our pain-packing crowd favorite: Dungeon Master Vishas!
- - And in this corner! He's angry. He's deadly. He's a little bit adorable. Straight out of Neverest, it's Crush!
- I never thought I'd see the day! Our former champion, out of retirement! Put your big, beefy hands together for Leona Earthwind!
- I never thought I'd see the day! The damsel of Darnassus! Put your big, beefy hands together for Leona Earthwind!
- - Get ready to dance! Deeken's in the house!
- - Everybody's favorite magical 12-foot-tall corpse, Fjoll! Am I pronouncing that right?
- - He's got two modes. Both modes are labeled "KILL". Let's hear it for T440!
- -He doesn't need blades or magic to defeat his enemies. Our next challenger, Hexos, fights his foes with the awesome power of GEOMETRY!
- - That's actually some pretty good engineering down there. It's Disruptron time!
- We have a special guest today: the always-endearing, ever-resilient, Millhouse Manastorm! Good luck, <name>!
- Ugh! Another gnome? Apparently this one calls himself Millhouse Manastorm. Get out there and kill him!
- And in the other corner, we have... a big cloud of scary floating eyes? This doesn't look good.
- And in the other corner, we have the many eyes of Zen'shar! What's next, a fighting nose?
Below is a list of the fights in the first season of the Brawler's Guild that was for level 90 players during Mists of Pandaria.
- Rare Challenge Cards
|Kun-Lai Summit||/dance with Grandpa Grumplefloot at Grummle Bazaar|
|Shadowmoon Valley||Sargerei-affiliated draenei at Socrethar's Rise and Shattrath City|
|Kun-Lai Summit||Kill hozen with Kota Kon on|
|Icecrown||Win pet battle against Level 25 elite Doopy|
|Brawler's Guilds||Buy and win|
|Valley of the Four Winds||Gather crops at Sunsong Ranch|
|Northern Barrens||Rare drop from level 90 Kor'kron mobs|
|Pandarian fishing pools||Fish of the day pools|
|Uldum (Tol'vir dig sites)||Or inside|
|Rank 1||Brawler's Healing Tonic x5||1 20|
|Brawler's Draenic Agility Potion x5||1 20|
|Brawler's Draenic Intellect Potion x5||1 20|
|Brawler's Draenic Strength Potion x5||1 20|
|Rank 2||Pit Fighter's Punching Ring||16000|
|Rank 4||Brawler's Bottomless Draenic Agility Potion||80|
|Brawler's Bottomless Draenic Intellect Potion||80|
|Brawler's Bottomless Draenic Strength Potion||80|
|Get invited to brawl at Bizmo's Brawlpub in the Deeprun Tram / Brawl'gar Arena in The Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar.||10|
|You Are Not Your $*@! Legplates||Win a brawl.||10|
|The Second Rule of Brawler's Guild||Reach Rank 7 with your faction's Brawler's Guild.||10||( / )|
|Reach Rank 8 with your faction's Brawler's Guild.||10||<Brawler>|
|Now You're Just Showing Off||Defeat the following rare brawl bosses.||25|
||Take 's portal to Orgrimmar.
Take 's portal to Stormwind.
|Cheer a player on after they have won a brawl.||10|
|Win a brawl with ten stacks of You Stink!||10|
|Hit an angry spectator in the head with an .||10|
|Earn the right to purchase challenge cards for the following Brawler's Guild bosses.||10|
|Deck Your Collection||Defeat the following Brawler's Guild bosses.||10|
- The concept of the Brawler's Guild appears to be loosely inspired by the film Fight Club. In particular, the introduction lines "The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls." and "If this is your first night at Brawler's Guild, you have to fight." are taken almost verbatim from the film. The developers have stated that the "Fight Club vibe" was an intended design aspect.
- Invitation to the Brawler's Guild was initially extremely limited, with invites only available as rare drops or from the Black Market Auction House. Part of the reason for this design was to reduce the rate at which players were able to access the Guild, due to concerns about server stability and the quality of the play experience with very large numbers of players involved. Knowing that the feature was eagerly anticipated, the developers designed the invitation system to allow players to "trickle into" the new content, "a little bit more slowly, a little bit more elegantly". Tom Chilton described the Brawler's Guild design as "a pretty heavy-handed method" of achieving this, although its secondary effect of initially making entry to the guild feel more selective and restricted was considered to be helpful in establishing the Guild's "Fight Club vibe".
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Season 1 of the Brawler's has come to a close and associated achievements have been converted into Feats of Strength.
- Fights will be unavailable while the Brawler's Guild is being refitted in preparation for Season 2 (available after Warlords of Draenor has launched.)
- Account-wide membership in Brawler's Guild will carry over to Season 2. Once a brawler, always a brawler!
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Test your might against two new tiers of bosses in the Brawl'gar Arena in Orgrimmar or Bizmo's Brawlpub in Stormwind.
- Hotfix (2012-11-29): "
- attacks will no longer sometimes strike spectators in the Brawl'gar Arena. His attacks will now properly strike opponents standing on the grates in this arena.
- health has been reduced by 10%, and his damage reduced by 35%.
- Certain short-term buffs, such as , are now cleared when entering the Brawler's Arena. Long term effects, such as , will persist."
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.