Cape of Stranglethorn
Southern Eastern Kingdoms
The Cape of Stranglethorn is the southern part of Stranglethorn Vale, designated as the piece of land south of the area around the Gurubashi Arena. The other part of Stranglethorn is called Northern Stranglethorn, or Stranglethorn Jungle.
- 1 Description
- 2 Geography
- 3 Notable Characters
- 4 Quests
- 5 Resources
- 6 Player versus Player
- 7 Dig sites
- 8 Wild Creatures
- 9 Notes
- 10 External links
- Main article: Stranglethorn Vale
The Cape of Stranglethorn is the southern part of Stranglethorn Vale, now split from the Shattering. It traces the escalating conflict between the goblin pirates of Booty Bay and their rivals, the Bloodsail Buccaneers. Booty Bay is a major city run by goblin pirates - many profession trainers are located here, as well as a neutral Auction House, bank, Inn, boat to Ratchet, and unique recipe/item vendors. The weekly Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza event happens every Sunday from 2-4pm. The rest of the zone is dotted with troll ruins and sandy beaches.
Maps and Subregions
Flight paths from Booty Bay
- Stormwind, Elwynn Forest
- Sentinel Hill, Westfall
- Darkshire, Duskwood
- Rebel Camp, Northern Stranglethorn
- Grom'Gol, Northern Stranglethorn
- Explorers' League Digsite, Cape of Stranglethorn
- Hardwrench Hideaway, Cape of Stranglethorn
- New Kargath, Badlands
- Stonard, Swamp of Sorrows
- Sunveil Excursion, Blasted Lands
- Surwich, Blasted Lands
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Northern Barrens||10-20||West across the sea.||By boat from Booty Bay to Ratchet.|
|Northern Stranglethorn||25-30||Northeast||By foot or flight path.|
Quest and Travel Hubs
|Place Name||Faction||# of Quests||Flight Path||Notable Character|
|Booty Bay||??||YES||Baron Revilgaz|
|Explorers' League Dig Site||??||YES||??|
|Hardwrench Hideaway||??||YES||Sassy Hardwrench|
- Main article: Cape of Stranglethorn NPCs
Cape of Stranglethorn is home to several characters of note. In Booty Bay, Baron Revilgaz and Fleet Master Seahorn seek aid in the battle against the Bloodsail Buccaneers. In Grom'gol Base Camp, Kin'weelay attempts to rid the jungle of the bloodthirsty Bloodscalp and Skullsplitter trolls.
- Main article: The Cape of Stranglethorn quests
Player versus Player
The Gurubashi Arena is an arena that has a treasure chest placed at the center every 3 hours. Players fight over the contents of the chest, either for useful loot, or for the vanity achievement .
The Cape of Stranglethorn has four dig sites:
- Gurubashi Arena; contains Troll Archaeology Fragments.
- Ruins of Jubuwal; contains Troll Archaeology Fragments.
- Ruins of Aboraz; contains Troll Archaeology Fragments.
- Nek'mani Wellspring; contains Troll Archaeology Fragments.
- For the quest , the northern part of the area is phased, with the area besieged by level 85 Digsite Zombies!