- For lore and background about the August Celestial, see Chi-Ji.
<The Red Crane>
- Main article: Chi-Ji
The trial of Chi-Ji is a test of hope. Uncertain of the future of his people, Emperor Shaohao sought out the great Red Crane. The Great Crane challenged Shaohao to find the hope within himself, and cast off his uncertainty. Once the Sha of Doubt was vanquished, the Emperor became a beacon of hope for his people. To pass the trial of the Crane, warriors must believe in hope, even in the darkest of days.
- 473,653 - 707,386 Damage
- 24,840 Armor
- Inspiring Song — Chi-Ji sings an inspiring song, healing for 5% of maximum health every 1 sec. for 10 sec.
- Firestorm — Summons a blazing whirlwind of fire, which inflicts 200,000 Fire damage to players within 10 yards every 2 sec. and moves around.
- Beacon of Hope — Chi-Ji designates one player as a Beacon of Hope, reducing damage taken by 90% for all players within 5 yards for 20 sec.
- Crane Rush — At 66% and 33% health remain Chi-Ji summons a flock of Children of Chi-Ji over 15 sec.
Child of Chi-Ji
- Child of Chi-Ji — Children of Chi-Ji flock away from Chi-Ji, casting a Blazing Nova every 1 sec
Chi-Ji is generally considered the third hardest of the four celestials, ahead of Niuzao but behind Yu'lon and Xuen. Only one tank is required. Move the boss away from the Firestorms he spawns. Twice during the encounter he will summon Children of Chi-Ji, small adds that run away from the boss and leave fire in their wake. They move at a moderate speed and can be easily dodged, though melee may want to move out of melee range while Chi-ji is channeling this as it is hard to dodge the Children that may spawn right on top of them. Melee dps should also interrupt Inspiring Song to prevent the boss from healing himself.
The Red Crane's most devastating ability is Blazing Song. He will summon a Beacon of Hope, a shining circle of yellow light, which reduces all damage taken. It is vital that the entire raid stand in this circle or they will most likely be killed by Blazing Song.
- Tier 16 gloves and leggings
- Arena Season 15 epic necklaces, cloaks, bracers, gloves, boots and rings
- Emperor Shaohao yells: The Red Crane saw hope in me, and instructed me to look inward. Despite my visage of despair, I found this hope, and the despair was vanquished.
- Chi-Ji yells: When faced with challenges, the like you have never seen, what do you hope for? What is the future you seek?
- Then let us begin!
- Beacon of Hope
- Believe in one another, and let others carry hope for you.
- Crane Rush
- Without hope, there is no brightness in the future.
- Create the destiny you seek.
- Killed a Player
- Do not give up on yourself!
- Chi-Ji yells: Your hope shines brightly, and even more brightly when you work together to overcome. It will ever light your way, in even the darkest of places.
- Emperor Shaohao yells: You have walked the trial of hope, and learned of the path of the red crane. May it guide your footsteps through time.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-04-07): "All world bosses in Mists of Pandaria are no longer tap-to-faction. Players from both factions that engage the world boss at the same time are now eligible for loot."
- Patch 5.4.7 (2014-02-18): Celestials now drop Season 15 Prideful Gladiator gear in place of Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear.
- Hotfix (2013-12-02): "The Celestials (Chi-Ji, Niuzao, Xuen, and Yu'lon) have their health reduced to 25% of original health. If more than 10 players from the same faction are engaged with the Celestial, their health will scale up. The health increase will cap at 100% of their original health with 40 players."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.