Council of Three Hammers
The Council of Three Hammers is the regency that rules the Kingdom of Ironforge, until Moira is fit to led the kingdom alone. The Council is so named because it is comprised of representatives from each of the three dwarven clans of the Three Hammers:
- Muradin Bronzebeard, High Thane of the Bronzebeard clan
- Moira Thaurissan, Queen-Regent of the Dark Iron clan
- Falstad Wildhammer, High Thane of the Wildhammer clan
|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
In the wake of King Magni's petrification, Moira returned to Ironforge with her infant son Dagran Thaurissan II to claim the throne. Backed by the Dark Iron clan, Moira ruled Ironforge arrogantly and with an iron fist. She held all the people of Ironforge hostage, which led the Alliance to intervene. But despite Moira being a tyrant, she was still the legitimate heir to the throne and killing her would only put the succession of Ironforge into question, thus leading to more chaos and conflict. Whereas if she lived; through her and her son all dwarven clans could unite. Varian Wrynn agreed to spare Moira's life but stipulated that if Moira was to be a leader and unite the dwarves, then she'd have to earn her crown by earning her people's respect. In order to take into account the opinions of all dwarves, Varian called for the formation of the Council of Three Hammers. Despite their varying backgrounds and ideological differences, the three representatives have pledged to rule united for the good of Ironforge. They are now most likely the heads of the Senate of Ironforge.
Fire and Iron
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Tides of War
When Theramore was in danger of being invaded by the Horde, Jaina Proudmoore asked the Council for warriors and perhaps gryphons to help defend the city.  The leaders of the Alliance dwarves sent General Stoutblow and General Redmane, from the Wildhammer and Bronzebeard clans respectively, and several dwarves to help in the defense effort.
Quest for Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
One day, King Varian's scouts had discovered that Zandalari trolls threatened the dwarven capital by rallying the Frostmane trolls against them. Surely, the king thought, if he helped them with their troll problem, they would give him more troops for his campaign against the Horde. But what the King did not realize is that the dwarves did not trust one another. When Varian sought the help from the Council of Three Hammers, both Muradin and Falstad declined to offer aid in Ironforge’s defense for they feared that if they left to fight the Frostmane trolls, the Dark Irons would take advantage of their absence to defeat the remaining clan and take over Ironforge. Frustrated, Varian argued that if no one would help, then Ironforge will fall under siege. Only Moira Thaurissan offered aid, stating that the Dark Irons will prove their loyalty to the Council, Ironforge, and the Alliance in the defense of Ironforge. And so Moira and the High King set out in the snow to save the city, leaving the others to think about their actions.
The High King, his champions, and the Dark Iron dwarves worked together to save Ironforge. On their return, the other dwarven leaders were ashamed of their behavior and vowed never again to allow fear or distrust to cloud their judgment. Free to trust one another, all three dwarven leaders pledged their full strength to the Alliance cause.
- 305,295,904 HP
- Avatar — Increases the Physical damage dealt by the caster by 50% and enhances its armor by 50% for 15 sec.
- Knock Away — Inflicts normal damage plus 30 to nearby enemies and knocks them back. 10 yd range.
- Storm Bolt — Throws a hammer at an enemy, inflicting 10925 to 12075 Physical damage and stunning the target for 8 sec. 40 yd range.
- 109,034,248 HP
- Cleave — Inflicts 110% of normal melee damage to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets.
- Shoot — Shoots at an enemy, inflicting Physical damage. 5 - 30 yd range.
- Chain Lightning — Strikes an enemy with a lightning bolt that arcs to another nearby enemy. The spell affects up to 3 targets, inflicting greater Nature damage to each successive target. 9025 to 9975 base damage. 30 yd range.
- Stormhammer — Inflicts 14700 to 15300 damage and interrupts spell casting.
- 87,227,248 HP
- Renew — Heals an ally every 3 sec. for 15 sec. 33250 to 36750 healed every 3 seconds. 40 yd range.
- Heal — Calls upon Holy magic to heal an ally. Heals for 46250 to 53750. 3.5 sec cast. 40 yd range.
- Mind Blast — Inflicts Shadow damage to an enemy. Deals 16650 to 19350 shadow damage. 1.5 sec cast. 45 yd range.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Now the main ruling body of the Dwarves, the Council of Three Hammers serve as the faction leaders for Ironforge. The battle with Muradin, Moira and Falstad is somewhat comparable to the battle with Lor'themar Theron, Grand Magister Rommath and Halduron Brightwing in Silvermoon City, in terms of the triple boss fight mechanics. Two tanks are recommended, one to hold Muradin and one to hold Moira and Falstad. All three should be tanked within their throne room.
The two major threats to the raid are Muradin, who boasts the highest amount of health of the three, and whether or not there is relatively high player traffic in Ironforge. Without player interference, the quickest strategy is to first focus on Moira. She will use priest abilities, though their potency can be easily ignored if she is given the raid's full attention. Once she is down, the raid should focus on Falstad. Falstad will make use of various Wildhammer shaman abilities, and hits far harder than Moira. Without Moira's healing he should go down fairly quickly.
Finally, Muradin should be dealt with. Like Magni before him, Muradin has both the Avatar and AoE pushback abilities, in addition to a storm bolt. With the other two dead and with low enemy player input, Muradin will follow suit and the raid will have done its job.
- ^ Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War - Jaina nodded. “[...]I’ll be contacting the other Alliance leaders as well. [...]; the dwarves, warriors and gryphons.” - Pages 128-129
- ^ Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War - Jaina took a moment to be grateful to the Light—and [..]the Council of Three Hammers—for the collective wisdom of these battle-hardened men and women.” - Pages 171
Lord of Ironforge
(as Regent to Dagran Thaurissan II)