On August 13th, 2013, a trademark filing was found for "The Dark Below," and on August 14th the trademark was also filed in Europe. However, it was later determined to likely be a fake. At BlizzCon 2013 it was confirmed that the trademark was never registered by Blizzard Entertainment. The Dark Below expansion was announced to be the first expansion for the first-person shooter game with some MMO elements called, Destiny, which is being created by Bungie and published by Activision Blizzard. This title will not be a World of Warcraft expansion.
Erudax, The Duke of Below, may also be a reference to this.
- ^ Manual of Monsters, p.191
- ^ Blizzard Trademarks "The Dark Below" - WoW or D3 Expansion?. MMO-Champion (2013-08-13). Retrieved on 2013-08-15.
- ^ Blizzard Trademarks "The Dark Below" in Europe. MMO-Champion.
- ^ Blizzard Trademarks "Corgis Unleashed" (Okay, not really). MMO-Champion (2013-08-14). Retrieved on 2013-08-15.
- ^ chaud 2014-07-08. Blasted Lands Quests and Orgrimmar Changes, Blue Posts, Connected Realms, Dark Below. MMO-Champion. Retrieved on 2014-10-16.