David Wayne is a level 70 quest giver located on a small tip of land just east of Firewing Point in the contested territory of Terokkar Forest. He is a former member of the Sons of Lothar, and can be found at Wayne's Refuge in Terokkar Forest. He left the Alliance Expedition to become part of "something larger".
After looting the Shadowmoon Valley and completing the subsequent quest, you will be sent to Wayne as part of a quest called . None of the following quests are available until The Hermit Smith has been completed.in
He starts the following quests:
- (Dungeon) - Mechanar
- (Dungeon) - Shadow Labyrinth
- (Dungeon) - Shattered Halls
- (Dungeon) - Steamvault
"Ashk zila enkil X adare lok revos xi mannor kiel lok zilthuras il archim Il gular adare kamil revola lok karaman il zila tichar" — Demonic, spoken while forging Illidari Bane weaponry.
- His name is the result of a combination of the first names of the two presidential brothers, David Palmer and Wayne Palmer, from the television show "24".
- His name may also be a reference to actor, director, and comedian David Wain, known perhaps most popularly for the TV show "Stella" with Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter.
- His TCG artwork is used by the Master Swordsmith card in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft.
- During the days of The Burning Crusade it was a common speculation that David would eventually end up being revealed as the second son of Alexandros Mograine. It all began with the Corrupted Ashbringer Scarlet Monastery event which mentioned another Mograine living in Outland and who might be able to forge Ashbringer anew. David's relative youth for a member of the Sons of Lothar, his isolation, his blacksmithing skills and dialogs all led people to think he was the one High Inquisitor Fairbanks was speaking about, but Wrath of the Lich King eventually revealed that the other son was actually Darion Mograine. The Ashbringer sword was thus purified by the Light of Dawn instead of being recreated.
He may be related to Vinna Wayne.