||It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Ashran.
Map of the Hellfire Peninsula, Devouring Sea and Skeletal Coast regions of Draenor
, including Deathwing's Lair
- Not to be confused with Neltharion's Lair.
When Deathwing briefly relocated to Draenor in the aftermath of the Second War, the great black dragon built a new lair, Deathwing's Lair, on a rocky island a short flight east of Hellfire Peninsula and the Skeletal Coast. It served as the headquarters of Deathwing and the other dragons allied with the Horde during the Dark Portal Crisis after the Second War. However, Deathwing made a tactical error in capturing Kurdran and Sky'ree, as this brought the wrath of Archmage Khadgar and Alleria Windrunner upon him. The pair freed Kurdran, who proceeded to raze the Lair to the ground.
Deathwing was originally reported killed in the battle, but in fact had returned to Azeroth.
- The island's original name was Ashran.
- In Beyond the Dark Portal, Deathwing's Lair was never mentioned nor visited, the battle where Deathwing was defeated occurring instead in the Blade's Edge Mountains near Gruul's Lair, and Gruul himself took part in the fight. Not only this, but the reason for attacking Deathwing was not to rescue Kurdran Wildhammer, but to retrieve the Skull of Gul'dan which Deathwing had taken. Kurdran was instead imprisoned in the Auchindoun mausoleum.
- Deathwing left behind a clutch of eggs in his lair, which later hatched as nether drakes transformed by the energy released during the destruction of Draenor. The lair was in Blade's Edge Mountains and was found by Tyrygosa who was transported there by Valoku.
- Given the novel and the manga Nexus Point, it could be theorized that the lair was retconned out of existence, but the Blizzard's comment on BlizzCon 2013 proved otherwise.