Deep Wounds is a passive level 32 Protection warrior ability.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now affects and , and no longer expires if the target reaches full health.
- Hotfix (2015-01-12): "Deep Wounds' damage has been increased by 40%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now available only to Protection warriors. 's effects have been merged into baseline Deep Wounds for Protection warriors. Now lasts 15 seconds, or until the target is healed to full health.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Damage has been increased by 65%.
- Hotfix (2013-03-12): "Deep Wounds now deals 50% more damage for Protection Warriors."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Damage has been increased by 100% for Arms Warriors.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Deep Wounds now does 50% less damage for Protection warriors only."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available to all warriors at level 32. Procs off Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, and Devastate hits, instead of all crits. Duration increased from 6 to 15 seconds. Damage is now a flat amount rather than a percentage of the triggering hit.
- Hotfix (2011-12-06): "Deep Wounds should now be correctly activated by critical hits from Opportunity Strike, Raging Blow, Heroic Leap, and Intercept."
- Hotfix (2011-12-02): "Deep Wounds should now only proc from crits, not passive damage."
- Hotfix (2011-08-04): "Deep Wounds should no longer incorrectly apply double damage when certain buffs are present on the warrior."
- Hotfix (2011-07-26): "Deep Wounds should no longer ignore damage modifiers on a target. As an example, Smoldering Elementals in the Firelands should no longer take full damage from Deep Wounds, despite these creatures having damage reduction modifiers."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer requires - instead, it is a prerequisite for Impale.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The damage done by this talent no longer receives modifications from effects that increase or decrease damage done by a percentage. The base weapon damage used in the calculation will still be modified by those effects.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Now works properly with .
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now requires , and causes 16/32/48% of weapon damage over 6 seconds, down from 20/40/60% over 12 seconds.