Eredun (a.k.a. Demonic) is the language of the demons of the Burning Legion. Knowing that other sentient beings would inevitably join the Legion, the eredar declared that their primary language called Eredun would be the Legion's common language. The written version of the language of the Nathrezim vaguely resembles Eredun.
Before the addition of demon hunters, it was not possible possible for players to learn this language, so anything spoken in it was indecipherable. However, warlocks under the effect of and conversed in Demonic. The warlock spell also causes the target to temporarily speak in Demonic.
This is a list of Eredun phrases and words, for which the translations have been officially confirmed by Blizzard;
- A-rul shach kigon = I will eat your heart.
- Anach kyree = Miserable insect.
- Galtak Ered'nash = All Hail the Burning Blade.
- Gor'om haguul = Meddling dog.
- Katra zil shukil = Suffer and perish.
- = Furnace.
- Man'ari = Man'ari in Eredun is a word that has no literal definition because it is used as a substitute when there is a lack of words to describe exactly how deeply horrible and "wrong" something is. Some of the corrupted Eredar have been known to refer to themselves as "Man'ari". See Draenei (language), for definition in Draenei language.
- Shaza-kiel! = Surrender your soul!
- Archimonde Speech 6 = "Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."
Other Eredun words and phrases
- A-kreesh! - No translation, said by both and during knockback moves.
- Achor she-ki! - No translation, said by in Hellfire Ramparts.
- Akim-kurai! - No translation, said by Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel.
- Akmin-kurai! - No translation, said by at Hyjal Summit. (Also used as the name of a shield from Blackwing Descent.)
- Akris nor-menoth! - Said by to open a demonic portal.
- Amanare maev il azgalada zila ashj ashj zila enkil! - Said by Mannoroth in the Well of Eternity
- Amir gul xi azrathud, karkun. - No translation, said by in Winterspring.
- Anukh-Kyrie! - No translation, said by Kil'jaeden at Sunwell Plateau. Possibly related to "Anach-kyree" above.
- Asj no amir! - No translation, said by 's Doomguard minion in Ashran.
- Azhir manari kirel. Akim manari galar! - Said by while bestowing his blessing upon .
- Claatu, Veraata, Niktu! - Said by at some point.
- Ered'achor, shudas'urzul... kurai. - Said by while opening the Twisted Gateway to Shadowgore Citadel.
- Ered'nash ban galar - From Cycle of Hatred - a phrase used to invoke communication with demon lords.
- Ered'nash havik yrthog - From Cycle of Hatred - a phrase used to invoke communication with demon lords.
- Gal nortalesh da val... - Said by Zelifrax Wobblepox while channeling on a demonic portal.
- Ik il romath sardon - Said by during .
- Lok thorje sorankar! - No translation, said by during .
- Ka kalix! - Said by Sal'salabim upon attacking the player during .
- Kar Dan'Ashj! - No translation, said by at the end of the message relayed via a Legion Communicator during .
- Kirel narak! - Yelled by Kazzak after killing a player, by breaking out of 's body, and from death-branding in Hellfire Citadel.
- Kirel volosh! - Said by a disguised as Akaari Shadowgore in Dalaran.
- Kirest-alak yrthog norush... - Said by Zelifrax Wobblepox while channeling on a demonic portal.
- Manach sheek-thrish! - No translation, said by at Hyjal Summit.
- Reesh, hokta! - No translation, said by at Hyjal Summit.
- Revos ill ok mordanas archim maz naztheros! Archim xi ante maz-re mishun te nagas! - Said by during the fight.
- Shaza-kiel! - Said by in Hyjal Summit.
- Sheet-sah - No translation, said by as a name or title or insult for Soccothrates.
- Phrase - Heard at the Temple of the Damned.
- X adare laz rikk veni shi - No translation, said (rarely) by Satyrs in Blackfathom Deeps upon attacking players.
- Xar il romath da tidesbi - According to , it is a grave insult against that could spare a prisoner of the Legion much torture, earning him a quick death instead.
- Zor-arik var telosh (or possibly teloth) - Said by Zelifrax Wobblepox while channeling on a demonic portal, just prior to the appearance of .
So we can summarise that;
- Draen means "exile" or "exiled"
- Ei means "one" or "ones"
- Or means "refuge" in Eredun.
- Achor she-ki! - May mean "Feast my Pet", or "Eat your fill!" other phrases said by Omor.
- "Galtak Ered'nash!" ("All Hail the Burning Blade") may also be Eredun, but this questions the meaning of the name "eredar." It is not known if the name "eredar" has any sort of translation. "Ered" clearly has a specific meaning, as evidenced by "eredar," "ered'nash," and "ered'ruin." It is possible that it can be rendered as either "burning" or "corrupt", depending on context.
It is also probable that "sha" means "light". "No", me, often said.
- Ered'ruin = "doomguard"
- Shat = "Light".
- Ruin = "Guard".
- il/ila/Zil - May mean "and" by using speculation that Eredun maybe changes word "and" trough genders.
Words in "Demonic" (Eredun)
This is the list of words created by the in-game language parser for the Demonic language, and is listed as language number eight (word range 547-672) in the Language text file. It shares words from Titan, Draconic and Draenei language parsers, although with slight differences in the word lists in each. Draenei cannot understand "Demonic" (Eredun).
Note: The language algorithm used by the in-game "translator" merely makes the words look like "Demonic" (Eredun). It does not actually translate words. Therefore, translated in-game speech isn't true "Demonic" (Eredun). It is not certain if these words are true words in the Eredun language or not.
|Number of letters in word||Word List|
|One-letter words||A, E, I, G, O, U, X, Y|
|Two-letter words||Az, Il, Me, No, Re, Te, Ul, Ur, Xi, Za, Ze|
|Three-letter words||Asj, Daz, Gul, Kar, Laz, Lek, Lok, Maz, Ril, Ruk, Shi, Tor, Zar|
|Four-letter words||Alar, Aman, Amir, Ante, Ashj, Kiel, Maev, Maez, Orah, Parn, Raka, Rikk, Veni, Zenn, Zila|
|Five-letter words||Adare, Belan, Buras, Enkil, Golad, Gular, Kamil, Melar, Modas, Nagas, Rakir, Refir, Revos, Soran, Tiros, Zekul|
|Six-letter words||Arakal, Archim, Azgala, Karkun, Kazile, Mannor, Mishun, Rakkan, Rakkas, Rethul, Revola, Thorje, Tichar|
|Seven-letter words||Amanare, Belaros, Danashj, Faramos, Gulamir, Karaman, Kieldaz, Rethule, Tiriosh, Toralar, Zennshi|
|Eight-letter words||Amanalar, Ashjraka, Azgalada, Azrathud, Belankar, Enkilzar, Kirasath, Maladath, Mordanas, Romathis, Rukadare, Sorankar, Theramas|
|Nine-letter words||Arakalada, Kanrethad, Melarorah, Nagasraka, Naztheros, Soranaman, Teamanare, Zilthuras|
|Ten-letter words||Amanemodas, Ashjrethul, Benthadoom, Burasadare, Enkilgular, Kamilgolad, Matheredor, Melarnagas, Pathrebosh, Ticharamir, Zennrakkan|
|Eleven-letter words||Archimtiros, Ashjrakamas, Kamilgolad, Mannorgulan, Mishunadare, Zekulrakkas|
"Amanare" represents two separate words in the Demonic language parser, as words #627 and #628. As such both versions of the word are used to filter two separate sets of words, based on hidden criteria.
The following is the text of the spell uses to destroy Dalaran (see ogg links above). Warning: Text below is by no means accurate, and is merely spelt phonetically, from what it sounds like to most; Archimonde's accent and syntax make it sound somewhat different to individual listeners.
- Azhir uval nutarus. Azhir mudas ethanul. Dalektharu il dask daku. Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus. Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna. = "Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world. From this seal shall arise the doom of men, who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own. Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit. Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
- Belanora mordanos nenaar ila mornu farlos kada. = "Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."
Azhir uval nutarus ("Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world.")
Azhir mudas ethanul ("From this seal shall arise the doom of men,")
Dalektharu il dask daku ("Who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own.")
Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus ("Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit.")
Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna ("Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control.")
Belanora mordanos nenaar ila mornu farlos kada ("Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair.")
Language/dialect, which may not have the same meaning in demonic Eredun.
- Kurenai means Redeemed Ones.
- Shattrath means Dwelling of Light.
- Sha'tar means Born of Light.
- ^ The Warcraft Encyclopedia/Burning Legion
- ^ a b Descent, 6
- ^ a b Descent, 5
- ^ Races of WoW - Draenei
- ^ Rise of the Horde,, pg. 57
- ^ Cycle of Hatred, 163
- ^ Rise of the Horde, 18, 80
- ^ Descent, 4
- ^ a b c d e f g h Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
- ^ a b c d
- ^ a b
- ^ TCG Crown of the Heavens, 35
- ^ a b c World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade