- For the draenei race, see Draenei.
Draenei is the name of the language used by all types of draenei from Outland or Azeroth, including Broken, Lost Ones and uncorrupted draenei. It is likely most of the language is derived from the original dialect of Eredun, but some of it may be derived from native languages of Draenor. The uncorrupted 'Exiled Ones' speak Draenei and Common.
Draenei primer (official translations)
Here are a few Draenei phrases and words, for which the translations have been officially confirmed by Blizzard:
- "Achal hecta" = "Good day". Said by Broken.
- "Archenon poros" = "Good fortune"
- "Aar-don'sha, ki kahl'dos." = "In the Light, we triumph." Spoken by Yrel. This spelling is not confirmed.
- "Dioniss aca" = "Safe journey"
- "Draenei" = "Exiled Ones"
- "Draenor" = "Exiles' Refuge"
- "Goblin" = Roughly translates to "Parasite"
- "Krokul" = "Broken"
- "Krona ki cristorr!" = "The Legion will fall!"
- "Kurenai" = "Redeemed"
- "Man'ari" = "Unnatural beings". Previously, it didn't have a direct translation, referring to "something that is hideously and fundamentally wrong". The draenei use this term to describe demonic eredar, corrupted orcs and other minions of the Burning Legion; similar to the use of orcish word "dae'mon". "Demon" is probably an appropriate translation.
- "Ma-no icta!" = "Double your efforts!"
- "Pheta vi acahachi!" - "Light give me strength!"
- "Sha'tar" = "Born from light"
- "Shattrath" = "Dwelling of light"
- "Fanlin'Deskor" = "Amber Skies over Wondrous Rock"
- "Sha" = "Light". It is used in a contextual sense and not referring to the Holy Light. Not to be confused with the sha, the manifestations of negative emotions found in Pandaria.
Untranslated draenei words & phrases
- "Arklon" - A draenei settlement in Netherstorm.
- "Ata'mal" - Northern terrace of the Black Temple. Shares a name with the , and likely has a connection.
- "Auchenai" - the corrupt draenei who inhabit Auchindoun. Notice the similar morphology to "Kurenai".
- "Auchindoun" - the ruined temple fortress located in the Bone Wastes. Notice the similar word structure to "Auchenai".
- "Baa'ri" - A draenei settlement in Shadowmoon Valley.
- "Belaya doros" - A phrase spoken by draenei on the alternate Draenor.
- "Boha'mu" - A draenei temple in Zangarmarsh.
- "Elodor" - A draenei settlement in alternate Shadowmoon Valley.
- "Embaari" - A draenei village in alternate Shadowmoon Valley.
- "Enkaat" - A draenei settlement in Netherstorm.
- "Ere'Noru" - A mountain lake in Terokkar Forest.
- "Farahlon" - The region that would eventually become Netherstorm. Also the name of a draenei settlement in the area.
- "Golad, maloch, valsheva" - A phrase chanted by Exarch Maladaar during a ritual to communicate with Exarch Hataaru's soul in .
- "Halaa" - A heavily contested draenei settlement in Nagrand.
- "Jorune" - A mountain lake in Terokkar Forest.
- "Karabor" - A draenei temple in Shadowmoon Valley, now called the Black Temple.
- "Kehla men samir, solay lamaa kahl" - An incantation used to deactivate the invisibility spell that used to protect Telmor from invaders. Uttered by Restalaan in the novel Rise of the Horde, then by Durotan to allow the orcish forces to destroy the town.
- "Nalanora aca" - A phrase spoken by draenei on the alternate Draenor.
- "Omenai" - The draenei of the Temple of Telhamat. Notice the similar morphology to "Kurenai".
- "Ora teramos" - A phrase spoken by draenei on the alternate Draenor.
- "Orunai" - Name of a bay, coast and delta where Talador meets the Zangar Sea.
- "Orebor" - A draenei settlement in Zangarmarsh.
- "Rangari" - An organization of scouts and hunters in service of the Council of Exarchs.
- "Shanai ortar" - A phrase spoken by Apprentice Miall when looking at her deceased master's body in the quest text of .
- "Sha'naar" - A ruined draenei settlement in southwestern Hellfire Peninsula.
- "Silmyr" - A lake in Terokkar Forest.
- "Talador" - A forested zone in central Draenor. Known in Outland as Terokkar Forest.
- "Telaar" - A draenei settlement in Nagrand.
- "Telhamat" - A draenei settlement in Hellfire Peninsula.
- "Telmor" - A former draenei settlement in Terokkar Forest, mentioned in Rise of the Horde.
- "Telredor" - A draenei settlement in Zangarmarsh.
- "Tuurem" - A draenei settlement in Terokkar Forest.
Draenei words (speculation)
- Draen means Exile - used in Draenei and Draenor.
- Ei means One - used in Draenei.
- -i seems to carry no semantic meaning, but is used to form an adjective from a noun. Used in Sha'naari Wastes and Sha'tari Base Camp.
- Kure means Redeem - Used in Kurenai.
- -nai seems to carry no semantic meaning, but is used to form past tense of a verb. Used in Auchenai, Kurenai and Omenai.
- Or means Refuge - used in Draenor, Karabor, Orebor and Telredor.
- Tar means Born - used in Sha'tar.
- Ttrath means Dwelling - used in Shattrath.
This is the list of words created by the in-game language parser. It shares words with Draconic, Eredun (Demonic) and Titan parser lists, though there are some differences. Draenei cannot understand Demonic.
Note: The language algorithm used by the in-game "translator" merely makes the words look like Draenei. It does not actually translate words. Therefore, translated in-game speech isn't true Draenei. It is not certain if these words are true words in the Draenei language or not.
|Number of letters in word||Word List|
|One-letter words||E, G, O, X, Y|
|Two-letter words||Az, Il, Me, No, Re, Te, Ul, Ur, Xi, Za, Ze|
|Three-letter words||Daz, Gul, Kar, Laz, Lek, Lok, Maz, Ril, Ruk, Shi, Tor, Zar|
|Four-letter words||Alar, Aman, Amir, Ante, Ashj, Kiel, Maev, Maez, Orah, Parn, Raka, Rikk, Veni, Zenn, Zila|
|Five-letter words||Adare, Belan, Buras, Enkil, Golad, Gular, Kamil, Melar, Modas, Nagas, Refir, Revos, Soran, Tiros, Zekil, Zekul|
|Six-letter words||Arakal, Azgala, Kazile, Mannor, Mishun, Rakkan, Rakkas, Rethul, Revola, Thorje, Tichar|
|Seven-letter words||Amanare, Belaros, Danashj, Faralos, Faramos, Gulamir, Karaman, Kieldaz, Rethule, Tiriosh, Toralar, Zennshi|
|Eight-letter words||Amanalar, Ashjraka, Azgalada, Azrathud, Belankar, Enkilzar, Kirasath, Maladath, Mordanas, Theramas|
|Nine-letter words||Arakalada, Kanrethad, Melamagas, Melarorah, Nagasraka, Naztheros, Soranaman, Teamanare, Zilthuras|
|Ten-letter words||Amanemodas, Ashjrethul, Benthadoom, Kamilgolad, Matheredor, Pathrebosh, Ticharamir, Zennrakkan|
|Eleven-letter words||Archimtiros, Ashjrakamas, Mannorgulan, Mishunadare, Zekulrakkas|
- ^ Sean Copeland ib Twitter
- ^ a b Sean Copeland on Twitter
- ^ a b Sean Copeland on Twitter
- ^ a b The Burning Crusade Townhall Retrieved
- ^ Kuros during
- ^ Unbroken
- ^ Kurenai faction page
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide
- ^ Golden, Christie. Rise of the Horde, 5. ISBN 978-0-7434-7138-1.
- ^ TCG Fires of Outland/78
- ^ Sean Copeland on Twitter
- ^ TCG Through the Dark Portal/171
- ^ a b Khadgar's Servant#Event
- ^ Prophet's Lesson
- ^ Sean Copeland on Twitter
- ^ Golden, Christie. Rise of the Horde, 43, 240. ISBN 978-0-7434-7138-1.