- "The subjugation of a Xorothian Dreadsteed is a true measure of power."
The dreadsteed of Xoroth is the level 40 epic warlock ground mount. The Dreadsteed ability is available to learn at level 40 and requires both Journeyman riding skill (from the riding trainer) and the [Felsteed] ability to learn.
Xoroth is the home planet of these fiery, horse-like demons, who serve as the mounts of the Dreadlords. The finest belong to the Nathrezim Dreadlord, Lord Hel'nurath the Stable Keeper.
Earning the dreadsteed
- Main article: Dreadsteed questline
The dreadsteed once required a long quest chain to acquire the spell to summon this powerful mount. The quests were removed during the Cataclysm revamp, since the spell was made purchasable during Wrath of the Lich King anyway.
- The Dreadsteed appears as an epic card for the Warlock class in the Grand Tournament expansion of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. The flavor text reads: "Crescendo himself summoned this steed, riding it to victory in the Grand Tournament. Wherever he rides, an army of riders ride behind him, supporting the legendary champion."
- The flavor text references Reddit user Crescendo1909, a Hearthstone fan who had been fighting cancer for half a year prior to the release of the Grand Tournament.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Questline removed; is now automatically learned at level 40.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Can now be learned at level 40.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Is now available on the trainer at level 61, requiring 150 riding skill, and the non-epic mount learned.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Mana cost removed, global cooldown removed.
- Patch 1.12.1 (2006-09-26): The mount system was re-vamped and the Dreadsteed quest chain changed to also give Journeyman riding skill.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): New icon.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.