Elder Charm of Good Fortune
- Elder Charm of Good Fortune
- Possession of the Elder Charm of Good Fortune allows its lucky owner to risk a coin to receive a bonus reward from Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring, Sha of Anger, or Salyis' Warband.
- Total Maximum: 20
An Elder Charm of Good Fortune is a currency used to buy bonus rolls against the loot table of the Patch 5.0 raid bosses in Pandaria. Champions in possession of any of these charms when upon defeat of a raid boss will see an extra window will appear beneath the other loot rolls giving them the chance to make an extra roll for loot from that boss.
Elder charms appear in the currency tab and are limited to 20.
Before Patch 5.2, the only method of acquiring elder charms was to complete the once-weekly quest , which required gathering 90 by completing daily quests around Pandaria. That quest was replaced with which reward .
Since then, charms are often found in Trove of the Thunder King treasure chests hidden around the Isle of Thunder, and also drop from the rares there. They may also possibly be found in and goody bags, which are rewarded from completing boss-killing daily quests on the isle. Additionally, Fortuitous Coffers often contain elder charms as well.
The charms will only work on Mists of Pandaria raid and world bosses that were added before patch 5.2.0.
The use of an elder charm is strictly a personal endeavor and will not interfere with any other player's loot roll. It creates a completely separate roll against the boss's loot table. Most of the time, the reward is a little gold (28 50 for Tier 14 bosses), but there is a chance to win a class-appropriate item from the boss's loot table.
|Mogu'shan Vaults||in LFR|
|Heart of Fear||in LFR|
|Terrace of Endless Spring||in LFR|
|Sha of Anger||No|
For most LFR tier 14 raid bosses, an Elder Charm can be spent for a chance at bonus loot even if you have defeated that boss previously during the week and are not eligible for a regular loot roll. The exception is Sha of Anger. So if you really want a particular item from an LFR boss and have plenty of Elder Charms (and patience) you can queue for LFR repeatedly and spend a coin each time.
Charms can be exchanged for useful items in the Troves of the Thunder King single-player loot-grabbing scenario. Supplier Bao, Hiren Loresong, and Vasarin Redmorn will all redeem charms in this manner. Adventurers wishing to exchange charms for these items must have various reputation levels with the Kirin Tor Offensive or the Sunreaver Onslaught in order to use them:
|Friendly||( / )||1|
|Honored||( / )||1|
|3x ( / )||1|
|Revered||2x ( / )||1|
|( / )||1|
|Exalted||( / )||3|
|( / )||3|
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-03-14): "The time for players to decide if they want to use a bonus roll has been increased to 3 minutes."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05):
- Elder Charms of Good Fortune are no longer acquired by turning in Lesser Charms; they are now found on the Isle of Thunder.
- The maximum number of Elder Charms of Good Fortune a character can hold has been increased to 20 (was 10).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.