- For information on how to defeat Elerethe Renferal in Emerald Nightmare, see Elerethe Renferal (tactics).
|Race||Night elf (Humanoid)|
|Level||60 / 70 Elite|
|Health||19,000 - 29,000|
|Mana||29,208 - 37,860|
|Affiliation(s)||Alliance, Darnassus, Stormpike Guard and Cenarion Circle|
|Location|| Dun Baldar North Bunker, Alterac Valley
|Status||Deceased (Killable), spirit within the Emerald Dream|
Elerethe was present when Hamuul Runetotem attended his first meeting of the Cenarion Circle. She had brought with her a simple, ceramic goblet that was glazed blue and etched with runes which had survived the Sundering. It was filled with water from the Temple of Elune and then presumably drunk from by at least some if not all the attendees.
Shortly before the War Against the Nightmare, Fandral Staghelm called for a convocation and Elerethe was invited there alongside Naralex. They were partners in regret, even if the reasons for each were different.
Elerethe had sought to save the flora and fauna of Alterac Valley during the last war between the Alliance and the Horde, but had been unable to prevent the carnage caused by not only two fighting armies, but an orc shaman. After the war, she had sworn to restore the valley. Even after several years, she was still trying. She was present during the wedding of Malfurion and Tyrande.
The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
Arch Druid Elerethe Renferal was present at the meeting with Hamuul and a group of druids in Ashenvale, only to be killed by orcs from the Twilight's Hammer Cult who were disguised as members of the Horde. After she had shifted to cat form and disemboweled one orc, another had impaled her to the ground with a polearm, ending her life. She died believing that Hamuul had some hand in leading her and the other elven druids into an ambush.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Main article: Elerethe Renferal (tactics)
Elerethe's consciousness now resides in the Emerald Nightmare, damning her to an existence of fear, confusion, and hatred. Twisted and broken, she believes anyone who crosses her path to be responsible for her tragic end. Trapped in this cycle of madness, she sets her sights on the adventurers fighting against Xavius and the corruption of the Nightmare. She is fought within a twisted nightmare version of Mulgore.
After Xavius is killed, Elerethe's spirit is found within the Emerald Dream.
- As of the 2.01 patch Crystal Cluster requires you to turn in stacks of 5 Storm Crystals and receive 20-21 Alliance reputation and 5 Stormpike Guard reputation (as a Human).
- Turning in 200 Storm Crystals during the course of battle will start an event that causes the druids to march to the Field of Strife to summon Ivus the Forest Lord.
- Soldiers of Stormpike, aid and protect us! The Forest Lord has granted us his protection. The portal must now be opened!
- Elerethe was, as most night elf women, tall and graceful. She wore her green hair short and had dark violet skin. She was experienced in battle, having lavender scars and her body was sinewy and muscular rather than lush.
- Malfurion considered her "a druid who was as a sister" and resolved to tend to Alterac Valley in her name.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.