|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Ettins are a race of two-headed giants found in several highland areas around the Eastern Kingdoms, mostly in the Twilight Highlands and the hills and forests of Gilneas and Silverpine. The ettins of Silverpine came from Gilneas, and now wander the land searching for their next juicy meal, though the Forsaken have managed to subjugate and utilize some of them to haul their wagons throughout the forest. Many ettins have also been enslaved or recruited by the Twilight's Hammer cult.
According to Brann Bronzebeard, there is enough fossil evidence to theorize that the ettins evolved from ogres, but he suspects there might be a "missing link". Any fossil evidence was likely lost when Draenor was torn apart.
|Guardian of the Elementium Axe||Twilight's Hammer||Killable||Altar of Ascension, Twilight Highlands|
|Led the attack on Dunwald||Twilight's Hammer||Killable||Dunwald Town Square, Twilight Highlands|
|Camel hoarder||Independent||Killable||Steam Pools, Feralas|
|Twilight's Hammer smith||Twilight's Hammer||Killable||Khardros' Anvil, Grim Batol|
|Gilnean hill-lord captured by Garrosh Hellscream||Independent||Killable||Brawl'gar Arena|
|Captures dragons for use in Twilight's Hammer rituals||Twilight's Hammer||Killable||Wyrmbreaker's Rookery, Twilight Highlands|
|Bane of hundreds of Forsaken soldiers||Independent||Killable||Northern Headlands, Ruins of Gilneas|
|Leader of a group of ogres in Gilneas||Himself||Killable||Koroth's Den, Gilneas|
|Wreaking havoc on Tol Barad||Independent||Killable||Tol Barad|
- The word "ettin" is an archaic English cognate to Old Norse Jötunn (giants of Norse mythology). In the Dungeons & Dragons and The Chronicles of Narnia universes there are ettins with similar physique to those seen in World of Warcraft.
- Ettins used a placeholder gronn model during the testing phases of Cataclysm.
- The ettin also appear in Manual of Monsters Appendix Three, however, the validity of this source is disputed.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Classification changed from humanoids to giants.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Introduced.