- For the character from an alternate universe, see .
- This article is about Maladaar's character biography. For the character's appearance and fight strategies in the Auchenai Crypts instance, see . For his spirit, see .
|Former affiliation(s)||Council of Exarchs|
|Occupation||Leader of the Auchenai|
|Location||Auchenai Crypts, Auchindoun|
Maladaar was once a member of the Sha'tari, the researchers of the naaru. He discovered that 's corpse was attracting the souls of draenei who died in the Genedar's crash and allowed the draenei to commune with them. Auchindoun was constructed and the Auchenai established to protect the dead, with Maladaar promoted to a member of the Council of Exarchs.
After the fall of Shattrath City, many Vindicators, priests, and Rangari fled to Auchindoun in hopes of defending it from the Horde. Maladaar organized the military defenses, and they fiercely defended Auchindoun from Teron'gor and the Shadow Council. They also received aid from Auchindoun's departed spirits, and slaughtered many of the Shadow Council's agents. As Maladaar and his forces closed in, Teron'gor sought out the warlocks who pooled their powers together and reached beyond the veil of reality. They sought to bring a powerful demon into the world, but in their wild desperation found something else instead: . This otherworldly elemental creature was pulled to Draenor from a distant corner of the universe, and the shockwave on its arrival ripped the earth asunder. Many draenei were killed and Auchindoun was blasted apart. Waves of destructive energy rolled out and leveled the surrounding forest.
Maladaar and a handful of his draenei used their magics to shield themselves from the blast. But though they survived, they no longer had the numbers to resist the Shadow Council. Teron'gor and his warlocks overwhelmed the draenei and bound them in chains, and contained Murmur deep within Auchindoun as well.
Maladaar would eventually be driven mad by the loss of everyone and everything he had ever loved. His lunatic dedication to the preservation of their memory has driven him to a mastery of the dark arts. Once he turned to necromancy, he created .
After his death, the naaru appears and redeems his spirit that eventually appears to and thanks him for having him killed.
- Main article: Exarch Maladaar (tactics)#Quotes
- Main article: Spirit of Exarch Maladaar#Quotes
- ^ Spirit of Exarch Maladaar#Quotes
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, pg. 53
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, pg. 54
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, pg. 93
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, pg. 96
- ^ Exarch Maladaar (tactics)#Adventure Guide
- ^ Shirrak the Dead Watcher#Adventure Guide
Exarch of the crypts