Wildhammer Clan Representative
|Character class||Gryphon rider|
|Affiliation(s)||Wildhammer clan, Ironforge, Council of Three Hammers, Alliance|
|Occupation||Gryphon Rider, High Thane of Aerie Peak, Wildhammer representative of the Council|
Molok (fellow windrider, like a brother)
- "The Council of Three Hammers requires me presence, but I'd rather be riding me gryphon."
Falstad Wildhammer, also known as Falstad Dragonreaver, is the High Thane of the Wildhammer clan. He ruled the Wildhammer clan from Aerie Peak in the Hinterlands following the departure of Kurdran Wildhammer and joined his companions Rhonin and Vereesa in freeing the Dragon Queen Alexstrasza from Grim Batol. Since the Cataclysm serves as a member of the Council of Three Hammers in Ironforge. Falstad attempts to bring balance within the Council and maintains strong diplomatic ties abroad.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Quests
- 4 In the RPG
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Relatives
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Videos
- 10 Patch changes
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Day of the Dragon
Falstad Wildhammer was a noble gryphon rider of the Wildhammer clan of Hinterlands, commanding a small flight of such riders who patrolled the shores of Lordaeron for any hostile draconic activity after the Second War. Falstad and his comrades protected the town of Hasic from certain doom, and then transported human mage Rhonin and his companions across the Great Sea to Khaz Modan. During the journey, however, the group was ambushed and Falstad's kinsmen were killed. Nevertheless, at the incentive of Vereesa Windrunner, Falstad continued to Khaz Modan. Later, with the help of a clan of hill dwarves, Falstad reached Grim Batol and fought in the final battle there to free the Red Dragon Queen Alexstrasza.
World of Warcraft era
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
After Kurdran Wildhammer returned from Outland around the time of the Shattering, Kurdran told him that he is not needed for the Council of Three Hammers as Kurdran wanted to be the representative. Kurdran journeyed to Ironforge and while there he realized that Falstad was better person for this job. Falstad traveled to Ironforge and met with Eli Thunderstrike who told him about the death of Sky'ree and then with Kurdran. Falstad forgave Kurdran for not trusting him and he became the Wildhammer representative in the Council of Three Hammers.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Falstad Wildhammer was relocated from Aerie Peak to the High Seat, ruling Ironforge with the Council of Three Hammers. He has a dwarf NPC named "Wildhammer Fact Checker" standing beside him. He learned about the attack on Ironforge Airfield and thought that Moira was unable to control her people. Moira then found the traitor - Ambassador Slaghammer, working with the Twilight's Hammer cult - and she had him imprisoned.
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
One day, King Varian's scouts had discovered that Zandalari trolls threatened the dwarven capital by rallying the Frostmane trolls against them. Surely, the king thought, if he helped them with their troll problem, they would give him more troops for his campaign against the Horde. But what the King did not realize is that the dwarves did not trust one another. When Varian sought the help from the Council of Three Hammers, both Muradin and Falstad declined to offer aid in Ironforge’s defense for they feared that if they left to fight the Frostmane trolls, the Dark Irons would take advantage of their absence to defeat the remaining clan and take over Ironforge. Frustrated, Varian argued that if no one would help, then Ironforge will fall under siege. Only Moira Thaurissan offered aid, stating that the Dark Irons will prove their loyalty to the Council, Ironforge, and the Alliance in the defense of Ironforge. And so Moira and the High King set out in the snow to save the city, leaving the others to think about their actions.
The High King, his champions, and the Dark Iron dwarves worked together to save Ironforge. On their return, the other dwarven leaders were ashamed of their behavior and vowed never again to allow fear or distrust to cloud their judgment. Free to trust one another, all three dwarven leaders pledged their full strength to the Alliance cause.
The Jade Hunters
When Magni Bronzebeard awoke from his petrification and asked to see his former city, Falstad began to complain, saying that the dwarves were in an uproar and wondering about the future of the council, to which Muradin replied that they should let the former king take some time to get his head straight. The council then began to discuss the repercussions of Magni's return, with Falstad saying that the Wildhammers would never kneel to a Bronzebeard king. However, Magni simply replied that he had not come to reclaim his crown. He then uttered a grave warning about the Burning Legion's return and set off to warn the rest of the Alliance leaders.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
When an Alliance player reaches Prestige Rank 2, Falstad can be found in Stormwind Keep alongside other notable leaders of the Alliance. During , he is present at the ceremony hosted by King Anduin Wrynn that congratulates the character for their battles against the Horde, following their receiving of the from the King, as well as an artifact appearance.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
In the RPG
Falstad has had to lead the Wildhammer Dwarves in their conflict against local troll tribes. Falstad also noticed the Scourge just beyond the horizon, and knew that one day his people would have to make a stand against the undead as well. To this end, he sought to increase the Wildhammers’ ties with the Alliance without actually joining, which put him in an interesting position. Since he had not officially joined the Alliance, he lacked their full support; but the Horde did not consider him an enemy either. He had to decide if joining the Alliance would be beneficial enough to risk the wrath of the Horde, but his people leaned more in that direction, especially with many of them working side-by-side with the Stormpike clan and the few remaining high elves. Eventually, the Wildhammer clan decided to officially join the Alliance.
As a member of the party that freed the Dragonqueen, and a personal friend of her mate Korialstrasz, he is one of the most respected humanoids in the eyes of the red dragons. While he has yet to call upon their favor, Falstad considers flying to Grim Batol to ask for aid, or just to discuss matters with the dragons.
Day of the Dragon
- "Stand back, wizard! Would you like it in two neat halves or chopped into little fragments?"
- "Aye, 'tis the hammer that impresses the ladies most 'tisn't it?"
- "If there's a hint at all in your words that we're cowards, human, I'll do to you what I kept Molok from doing."
- "He's a mage, after all, and everyone knows that they're all mad!"
- "Those rough-hewn hills that look like my grandmother, beard and all? Aye, 'tis a good choice! We'll descend toward those!."
- "Would he prefer I walk into the mouth of the dragon or just lie down in front of the beast and let it gnaw on me at its leisure?"
- "It'd take a hand's worth of you hill dwarves to bring one from the Aerie down!"
World of Warcraft
- Ugh, a wee bit stuffy in here, isn't it? How I miss the open skies of the Hinterlands!
- The Council of Three Hammers requires me presence, but I'd rather be riding me gryphon.
- It'd take a hand's worth of these hill dwarves to bring one from the Aerie down!
- It's hammerin' time!
- Killing a player
- Ho, ho! That had to hurt!
- Hah! Too easy!
- Bury me...with...me...gryph...
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Main article: Legion Invasion#Stages
- The ship Falstad's Return is named after him.
- may be found in the wishing well of Dalaran. It reads "I hope I end up in another book eventually." Falstad does have a cameo appearance later in the novel Stormrage in which he appears with Rhonin and Vereesa Windrunner at the wedding of Malfurion Stormrage and Tyrande Whisperwind.
- Falstad is a playable character in Heroes of the Storm. In that game, he refers to his gryphon as Swiftwing.
- Falstad is the author of the inscription on Kurdran's statue.
- Falstad Wildhammer was to be seated in the Council of Three Hammers, but was replaced by Kurdran Wildhammer during the Cataclysm beta. At the Blizzcon 2010 Lore panel this alteration was raised by a player who would come to be known as the "Red Shirt Guy," and Metzen and Afrasiabi promised to fix the mistake. On November 3, 2010, Kurdran was replaced with Falstad once again in the latest Cataclysm beta build, and a new dwarf NPC named "Wildhammer Fact Checker," complete with a red tunic, was placed next to Falstad.
- As a result of the switch mentioned above, Falstad's on-click quotes originally belonged to Kurdran, who retained them in his appearances in the Twilight Highlands until Patch 4.1. In the game's .MPQ files, the voice files were listed under "Kurdran", and the death quote "Bury me...with...me...gryph..." may be referencing Sky'ree, who died between the events of Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm.
- Falstad is voiced by veteran voice director Michael Sorich.
Khardros Wildhammer might have been his ancestor.
Falstad on the cover of Day of the Dragon.
Falstad in the artwork for Fire and Iron.
Falstad Wildhammer's appearance prior to Warlords of Draenor.
Falstad's artwork in Heroes of the Storm.
- Heroes of the Storm
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Updated for level 110.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Updated for level 100.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Updated for level 90.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added as part of the Council of Three Hammers.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Added.
- ^ Day of the Dragon, chapter 7
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 91
- ^ World of Warcraft: Stormrage
- ^ The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
- ^ Fire and Iron
- ^ Quest for Pandaria
- ^ War Crimes
- ^ The Jade Hunters
- ^ Fault Lines
- ^ White Wolf. Alliance Player's Guide, 168. ISBN 9781588467737.
- ^ Knaak, Richard A.. Day of the Dragon, 164. ISBN 978-0-6710-4152-6.
- ^ 2010 Blizzcon Q&A.
- ^ Afrasiabi confirms that Falstad is back.
High Thane of Hinterlands & Wildhammer Clan
Lord of Ironforge
(as the Wildhammer clan representative of the Council of Three Hammers and Regent to Dagran Thaurissan II)
Wildhammer clan representative of the Council of Three Hammers