Feast of Winter Veil
|Feast of Winter Veil|
December 16th - January 2nd
The Feast of Winter Veil, also called the feast of Great-Winter, or simply Winter Veil or Winter's Veil, is an in-game, end-of-year, several week long holiday event seeming to be the in-game counterpart of Christmas and other holidays at the end of the year.
New in 2015
- This year's :
- New quests starting from the Garrison: , , ,
- -purchased items (all cost 5 ):
- New contents:
- Other presents:
Info from the official site
'Twas the feast of Great-Winter
And all through the land
All the races were running
With snowballs in hand.
The cooks were all frantic
And for those "in the know"
Swoops and owls were crashing
Like new-fallen snow.
Cookies and eggnog
Were consumed by all
As the snowballs flew freely
And drunks smashed into walls.
May your feast of Great-Winter
Be one merry and bright
And from all here at Blizzard
We wish you a fun night!
The Feast of Winter Veil is upon us, and Greatfather Winter is busy spreading holiday cheer in major cites across the land! Here are a few holiday treats players can now experience in-game:
- The Jinglepocket Goblins have set up their seasonal fare shops in major cities. Adventurers can purchase many holiday favorites - including Greatfather's Winter ale, candy canes, gingerbread cookie recipes, and mistletoe.
- All the cheer-spreading is making Greatfather Winter hungry, and he is looking for adventurers to get him his daily fix of milk and cookies.
- Smokeywood Pastures needs a few brave adventurers to investigate the disappearance of a shipment of holiday goods traveling though Alterac.
Ever consumed with the research of their origins, the dwarves choose to celebrate the season as a recognition of Greatfather Winter himself. They consider him to be the personification of one of the ancients of Azeroth - the Titans. Much as they claim lineage in one degree or another to these mystical beings, they consider their snowy home of Dun Morogh as the prime example of Greatfather Winter's blessings. The holiday was introduced to the Alliance at large by Muradin Bronzebeard.
The tauren and their shamanistic understanding of winter, along with their recent emergence into druidic endeavors, fit in well with the legend of Winter Veil. They focus almost entirely on the renewing aspects of the lore however, leaving legend worship to those races (as they view it) less in tune with the nature of things. Many tauren choose this time as the right time to give thanks for the blessings of their new home in Mulgore.
Winter Veil presents
While some of the gifts are available to all, you must be at least a certain level to receive others.
chance of another recipe
There are several special items and plans that are only available during the Feast of Winter Veil.
Twenty-one toys are available, most of which are exclusive to Winter Veil:
One toy can be purchased for five at the Garrison:
- (2013 gift)
- (2008 gift)
- (2014 gift)
- (Feat of Strength version; 2012 gift)
- (2010 gift)
- (Feat of Strength version; 2012 gift)
- Lounge cushions (2014 gifts)
Note that there are two versions of the and listed. Both can be acquired and added to the Toy Box, as they have different item ids. One version was the 2012 gift (and awarded the Feat of Strength ), while the other version is sold by toy vendors for 40, but acquiring the vendor-sold items will not award the feat. The achievement-criteria items are now rarely found in the .
Eight pets are available during Winter Veil:
Vendors sell the following recipes:
Food and drink
Vendors in Alliance and Neutral cities have the Red Winter Clothes pattern available for sale, while vendors in Horde cities have the Green Winter Clothes pattern.
There are three sets of quests available during Winter Veil. First, a quick intro to the holiday itself and a short fetch quest:
Another quest series reveals some of the history of Winter Veil, and awards some reputation with the home city.
|Save Metzen the Reindeer.||10|
|Earn 50 honorable kills as a Little Helper from the Winter Wondervolt machine.||10|
||Throw a at / during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
|Complete the quest while mounted on a flying reindeer during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
|While wearing 3 pieces of winter clothing, eat .||10|
|Gain 25 crashes with your Crashin' Thrashin' Racer during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
|Complete the quest to retrieve the stolen Smokywood Pastures' stolen treats and receive a Smokywood Pastures' Thank You.||10|
|During the Feast of Winter Veil, use a on each of the race/class combinations listed below:||10|
||Use on all of your faction's "Brothers" during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
|During the Feast of Winter Veil, use your culinary expertise to produce a , and .||10|
|Open one of the presents underneath the Winter Veil tree once they are available.||10|
|During the Feast of Winter Veil, use your to become a snowman and then /dance with another snowman in Dalaran.||10|
||Pelt the enemy leaders listed below.||10|
||Use your Gaudy Winter Veil Sweater to carol in enemy capital cities during the Feast of Winter Veil.||10|
|Shoot down another player's Crashin' Thrashin' Flyer with yours.||10|
|Collect all five toys that are part of the Crashin' Thrashin' "Iron Armada" set.||10|
- January 2 is the last day of the Feast of Winter Veil.
- Kissing a ' ' under a mistletoe will magically create for you 5 sprigs of or 5 . You can also get (x5), which can be used to transform your mount into a reindeer for thirty minutes.
- There are snow mounds, Holiday Snow, in the snowy parts of the Alterac Mountains and across Dun Morogh during this event. You can pick up Snowballs off them. They used to have a knock back effect, but that has been changed.
- There are special Hardpacked Snowdrifts in Alterac Valley during this event. You can pick 5 Hardpacked Snowballs off them. They have a knock back and dismount effect so use them wisely.
- The Winter Wondervolt Machine is available in or just outside of several cities to transform your character's appearance into a Winter Veil gnome. Your gnome outfit is randomly red or green.
- Around this event, Community Manager avatars would become a festive snowman icon, shown to the right. This stopped with the new forum system.
- In Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, the Winter Veil Wreath card back was rewarded for winning in the Gift Exchange Tavern Brawl. The flavor text reads: "A beautiful Winter Veil wreath around a snow globe full of THE FROSTY DESTRUCTION OF YOUR OPPONENTS! I mean, good cheer."
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): Players are now automatically dismounted in the area around Greatfather Winter and Winter Veil presents.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): is the new gift of the year.
- Patch 5.4.2 (2013-12-10):
- was the new gift of the year.
- New achievements added: and .
- New battle pet Rotten Little Helper, found in .
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): New feat of strength added: . The new present for the year is the and .
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): The Abominable Greench has been changed, and now generally requires multiple players to kill him. New achievement added: A-Caroling We Will Go. A BoE weapon, , and a new pet, , which have a chance to appear in the . The new present for the year is the .
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): is the new gift of the year.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Another achievement has been added: BB King, which is not part of the meta-achievement. The required for this achievement will be found in one of the presents under the tree.
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15):
- New for 2008 are Winter Veil world event achievements.
- The Winter Veil Gift, the Clockwork Rocket Bot, is replaced in 2008 by . The Crashin' Thrashin' Racer is used to combat other Crashin' Thrashin' Racers by crashing into them. The Racer looks like a goblin rocket on wheels.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13):
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Added.