|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Source information needed!
|This article needs categories to comply to its boilerplate.
You might want to use the Categories article for ideas.
Prolongued use of fel magic may corrupt the users. It seems that fel magic has a tendency of turning users and those that spend enough time in the presence of those users into a more uniform demonic form.
Examples of this transformation are the orcs, blood elves, eredar, and to an extent, satyrs. It is also notable that out of the many Burning Legion races only a few have been seen uncorrupted.
Sometimes with small intake of fel energies the race will mutate to have more demonic features, such as the orcs change in skin color and size more similar to that of the Pit Lord's they drank blood from. and the blood elves eyes changing to that of emerald to represent the magics they absorbed. With major exposure the race begins to loose much similarity to the original though still having some traits of the original species. With some extreme cases such as Satyr or Wretched the race almost bares no similar appearance at all to the original. Some examples of fel corruption are: large claws, red tented skin, horns, fangs, demonic runes, ect.
Fel magic works a bit like radiation; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption. Such effects would take a very long time to wear off.
- Satyrs are night elves who have been corrupted by demonic powers either as a reward or as punishment by Sargeras, other races may also have been transformed later.
- Blood elves and high elves exposed to fel magic in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War have emerald eyes and some have tanner skin.
- Felblood elves are elves changed by consuming large amounts of felblood, they acquire new skin colours and horns and in some cases wings.
- Wretched elves are elves that have over consumed of demonic energy, or underconsumed on magic. They bare little resemblance to their former High Elven forms anymore and are seen as nothing but leeches in elven society.
- Mag'har orcs changed form under the influence of Magtheridon, their skin became various shades of green and they began experiencing lusts for blood.
- Chaos orcs directly drank the blood of a Pit Lord. They recieved improved strength and a red skin.
- Fel orcs are orcs who have been changed by the Blood of Mannoroth and of Magtheridon, changing their skin and various other mutations and making them into a blood-thirsty race.
- The uppermost rank of the Burning Legion. Some, like Kil'jaeden and Archimonde, were turned into demons by the dark titan Sargeras.
- Some Eredar were deformed by demonic energies, leading to the name "Broken Draenei"
- Lost Ones are further corruption of this species and very similar to the elven Wretched.
- These vile creatures are canines having somehow been twisted by demonic energy.