The gates lead to:
- The Firelands Hatchery.
- Introduced via , the Firelands Hatchery is a cavern filled with eggs. The character is required to defeat Twilight's Hammer cultists while flying on a hippogryph and wielding a lance. Eventually, the character destroys eggs that were stolen from Aviana and corrupted.
- The Firelands Forgeworks.
- Introduced via , the character enters and dispatches Forgemaster Pyrendius among other nasties.
- The Crucible of Flame.
- Introduced via , the character enters to defeat Nemesis once and for ... well, for now. You know how it is.
- The Inner Spire.
- Introduced via , the character enters to help Cenarius, Malfurion Stormrage and Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem banish Ragnaros back to the Firelands. The flamegate itself is protected by the Flamewaker Azralon the Gatekeeper. It is assumed that this flamegate leads to an area beneath or inside the Sulfuron Spire rather than to the Firelands.