|This article is an ability stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
Flare is a hunter ability that reveals any stealthed, hidden or invisible units within 10 yards of the targeted area for 20 seconds.
Tips and tactics
- If you have a suspicion there's a hidden or invisible unit in an area, you can Flare to reveal any of them. This can be especially useful in PvP or in places where you know there are stealthed mobs, such as the western wing of Dire Maul.
- Can be useful for finding invisible creatures, such as the elite hunter pets in Pandaria, eg. Patrannache.
- Using Flare leaves a bright light on the ground, possibly alerting stealthed units you are nearby.
- There is a brief period of time after using the spell, that a rogue, if properly positioned, can sneak in before the flare effect begins and get an opener off.
- Flare is a rare Hunter spell in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. The flavor text reads: "Not only does it reveal your enemies, but its also great for parties!"
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Cooldown increased to 20 seconds, and duration reduced to 20 seconds.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Fixed the tooltip to accurately reflect the actual radius of the effect.