- For the fox mob in Gilneas, see .
Foxes are a good test of a hunter's skills, and their fluffy tails can be sold for fine profit to boot. Fox tails are as good to hang on a belt to ward off fleas as they are to line the gloves of a fancy noble. During frigid nights in the Storm Peaks, the arctic fox kits use their fluffy tails as a blanket to stay warm.
As a mount
- Main article: Reins of the Llothien Prowler
is rewarded from in Suramar.
As a companion pet
- Alpine Foxlings and Alpine Foxling Kits can be captured in pet battles in Kun-Lai Summit.
- Arctic Fox Kits can be captured in pet battles in the Storm Peaks when it's snowing.
- Black-Footed Fox Kits can be captured in pet battles in Highmountain and Stormheim.
- has a low chance to drop from in the esTol Barad Peninsula. It can also be purchased from <Baradin's Wardens Quartermaster> / <Hellscream's Reach Quartermaster> at a cost of 200 .
- Mist Fox Kit can be caught Highmountain.
As a hunter pet
Foxes are a family of ferocity pets and are tamable by Hunters starting at level 10. Their basic ability is , and their special ability is a physical attack speed debuff called , cause all enemies within 10 yards to have their melee and ranged attack speed reduced by 20% for 30 sec. This is useful both in PvP and PvE, although most tanks have similar debuffs. Additionally, they have a bonus ability called , which allows the hunter to make the fox perform a cute dance.
- An Ancient Guardian with the appearance of a tiny red fox with a sly — yet gnomish — visage fought in the War of the Ancients.
In the RPG