Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
Zandalar troll (Humanoid)
Within the mysterious vaults of the Mogu; untouched by time for thousands of years, Gara'jal leads a ban of Zandalar trolls and assaults the vaults. Gara'jal is determined to crack open this trove of ancient mystery and bring back whatever arcane power and knowledge he can find. Gifted with dark talents and surrounded by a loyal cadre of Zandalar mystics, he has broken through the outer walls and will not rest until the vaults belong to him.
However the defenders of Azeroth stopped his plans and defeated him, which forced Gara'jal into the spirit world.
Throne of Thunder
- Main article: Council of Elders
He comes back in Throne of Thunder, as Zandalari representative in Council of Elders in helping the others trolls. Though the representatives were all killed, it is unknown if Gara'jal's spirit lingers on.
- Mogu'shan Vaults
- Bah! Bested by de likes of you! What a shame for a Zandalari Priest ta endure.
- But it ain't no ting. Take your trinkets; you'll be needin' dem.
- A portal to the Spirit World opens behind Gara'jal's spirit.
- I be goin' now; time ta find a new home for me soul.
- Death be a doorway, an' time a window; I'll be back! AH-HAHAHAHAHAH!
- Throne of Thunder
- Des fools thought they beat me once before. Dey only make me stronger. Now we show dem da true power of the Zandalari!
- Let me share dis gift with ya!
- Da Zandalari cannot be stopped!
- Wit de Thunder King's power de Zandalari will be reborn!
- De Thunder King will reward us for stoppin' ya!
- Lei Shen, let us prove ta ya the might of the Zandalari. We will crush des intruders where dey stand!
- We will never fail ya!
- He's voiced by Dave Fennoy.
- His final departing taunt is a paraphrase of the prophecy of Vigo the Carpathian, the main antagonist of the film Ghostbusters II.
- Ray Stantz: And dig this, there was a prophecy. Just before his head died, his last words were "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Present during the Council of Elders fight.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.