- For main character of Steamy Novels, see Marcus (paladin).
|Title||<High Commander of Stormwind Defense>|
|Occupation||General of Stormwind, High Commander of Stormwind Defense|
|Location||Valley of Heroes, Stormwind City|
Marcus Jonathan was the general of Stormwind City and high commander of Stormwind Defense. He was a level 87 elite quest giver located in the Valley of Heroes in the human capital city of Stormwind City. Hammond Clay succeeded him after he was killed in action at the Battle of Theramore.
World of Warcraft: the Comic
Marching through the gates of Stormwind, Lo'Gosh and his friends were halted by General Marcus Jonathan under the direct jurisdiction of Katrana Prestor, who ordered their immediate arrest and execution as traitors. Windsor succeeded in convincing Marcus of his loyalty to Stormwind as they had previously served together under Turalyon.
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
When raging elements invaded the city, Marcus remained at his position warning adventurers of approaching danger.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Blood of Our Fathers
When Varian Wrynn went missing when he was supposed to give his Remembrance Day speech, Marcus Jonathan ordered Field Marshal Afrasiabi to stall the crowds while he organized a search for the king. He and Jaina Proudmoore found the king dying from wounds suffered while saving Anduin Wrynn from Twilight's Hammer assassins, and witnessed the prince heal his father with the Light.
Tides of War
When Jaina Proudmoore called for help defending Theramore Isle against the Horde, Marcus Jonathan was the first to be asked by King Wrynn to lend his support, and was the first to accept. He was the main organizer of the defense of Theramore. He was killed when Garrosh Hellscream detonated a mana bomb, which destroyed the city.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Charge — Charges an enemy, inflicting normal damage plus a bonus.
- Commanding Shout — Increases maximum health of all party members within 20 yards by 10%. Lasts 2 min.
- Shockwave — Sends a wave of force in front of the warrior, causing damage and stunning all enemy targets within 10 yards in a frontal cone for 4 sec.
- Sunder Armor — Hacks at an enemy's armor, reducing it per application of Sunder Armor. Can be applied up to 5 times. Lasts 20 sec.
- Thunderclap — Inflicts Nature damage to nearby enemies, increasing the time between their attacks and slowing their movement speed for 6 sec.
- General Marcus Jonathan yells: Hold your blade, adventurer!
- General Marcus Jonathan says: Greetings, citizen.
- General Marcus Jonathan says: This beast leads the Riverpaw gnoll gang and may be the key to ending gnoll aggression in Elwynn.
- General Marcus Jonathan says: We're taking him into custody in the name of King Varian Wrynn.
In the RPG
The knight is tall, with wide shoulders and a sweeping mustache, proudly wearing a suit of heavy plate mail. The Stormwind insignia is emblazoned across both the breastplate of his armor and the crest of his helm, and a series of smaller engravings indicates that he is a high-ranking officer in the human army. His stance is that of a battle-hardened veteran, wary but still at ease, as if he is absolutely confident in his ability to deal with any danger that comes his way. General Marcus Jonathan is absolutely fearless in battle, completely willing to lay down his life in the defense of his country. He always strides boldly into combat, attempting to identify and then work his way toward the leader of the enemy forces. He prefers to move steadily into the middle of the enemy force, surrounding himself with enemies in order to maximize the benefit of his cleaving attack and to gain a moderate amount of cover from enemy archers.
- If you saluted him, he would salute you back. If you waved to him, he would greet you by saying "Greetings, citizen".
- He had a dialogue with Reginald Windsor during .
- In the beta, if you flexed your muscles at him, he would laugh.
- Though killed and replaced in Stormwind, he was still showing up to arrest Hogger during Mists of Pandaria. At some point it was corrected and Hammond now arrests Hogger.
- An unused NPC representing Marcus Jonathan is situated in the same ID range as other legendary warriors presumably meant to appear in Skyhold. He and most of these NPCs didn't make it out of the Legion alpha stage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level increased from 80 to 87
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Added.
General of Stormwind and High Commander of Stormwind Defense