Gift of the Naaru
|Gift of the Naaru|
The Gift of the Naaru is a blessing bestowed by the divine naaru upon the draenei, and all draenei can tap into this blessing to heal injured allies. The gift manifests in the form of a glowing blue rune or "forehead signet" to signify that they are indeed touched by the Light.
Notes and tactics
- The amount healed is typically modest compared to most healer class abilities, but don't forget about it - this ability costs no resources, and does not trigger the global cooldown (though it is affected by it).
- Gift of the Naaru is a great panic button for draenei of any class. Since it has no cast time, it can be cast on the run or in a crunch. Priests, paladins or shamans can drop Gift, and then follow it up with a fast heal or two to get back on their feet.
- In raid/instance situations, when the entire group takes massive damage (such as Festergut's Pungent Blight), a draenei can pop this to alleviate some of the stress on the healers.
- It can be cast on other players and although it is not the most powerful heal it can help when thrown into a regular healing rotation.
- Because it doesn't trigger the GCD, tanks (or pretty much anybody) can drop it on themselves to help out with the healing, and not lose too much other work.
- Shadow priests can use this ability even with on.
- The percent heal does not allow you to take advantage of this ability during the Valithria Dreamwalker encounter.
- The allows non-draenei characters to replicate the Gift of the Naaru's forehead signet effect.
- The instead produces the fel-green sigil seen on .
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now heals for the same amount over 5 seconds (down from 15 seconds).
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now heals for 20% of their total health over 15 sec at all levels.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The cast time has been removed; it is now an instant cast.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The amount healed is increased based on the caster's spell power or attack power, whichever is higher. In addition, the ability is now immune against pushback effects.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): It now works with , but not with the shaman talent Healing Focus.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Gift of the Naaru has been added to the game.