|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
Healing Sphere was a monk ability, available at level 64.
This is one of three ways available to a monk to summon healing spheres, and the only one that lets them do so actively. Two more passive abilities cause healing spheres to spawn at locations that cannot be directly targeted: the Windwalker passive ability and the Mistweaver mastery, .
Healing spheres are similar to the , in that it summons a persistent source of healing that allies can consume to heal themselves. Unlike the Lightwell, they require no clicking; walking through a sphere is sufficient.
If a fourth healing sphere is cast when there are already three active, the oldest spawned sphere will despawn. Spheres also despawn if the monk moves too far away from them. The three spheres restriction only applies to the spheres actively summoned by this ability, not to the two types of passively generated spheres, whose number at any given moment is unlimited.
For Mistweaver monks, the spell consumes either mana or energy depending on the stance. It is therefore possible to switch to , cast a sphere at the cost of energy without expending mana, and quickly switch back to to continue using mana-based spells.
It is possible to cast a sphere directly under oneself or an injured ally, in which case it will be instantly consumed and act as an instant direct heal.
Allies do not need to be in a party or raid group to use the spheres.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed as a spell. Abilities that can summon Healing Spheres, (Mistweavers), (Brewmasters), and (Windwalkers) can still summon Healing Spheres.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05):
- Now have a duration of 1 minute. Healing Spheres generated by Mastery: Gift of the Serpent have a duration of 30 seconds.
- Will now heal for 50% of their original value if they expire without being picked up. This healing will factor in relevant Mastery.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28):
- The healing provided by the Healing Sphere base spell has been increased by 20%.
- The energy cost of Healing Sphere has been reduced to 40, down from 60.
- Walking through a Healing Sphere or Chi Sphere has a new sound effect, resembling drinking.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.