Highmaul is the capital of the Gorian Empire and a raid instance introduced in Warlords of Draenor which opened on December 2, 2014. It features 7 bosses, and serves as the first raid of the expansion. The entrance is in western Nagrand. It is ogre-themed, showing them at the height of their civilization. The layout of the instance is nonlinear, allowing groups to select their own path of progression.
|Date opened (US)||Mode||Wing/bosses||Required achievement|
|2 Dec 2014||Normal||All||None|
|2 Dec 2014||Heroic||All||None|
|9 Dec 2014||Mythic||All||None|
|9 Dec 2014||Raid Finder||First wing (Kargath/Butcher/Brackenspore)|||
|16 Dec 2014||Raid Finder||Second wing (Tectus/Twin Ogron/Ko'ragh)|
|6 Jan 2015||Raid Finder||Third wing (Imperator Mor'gok)|
Code of Rule
Highmaul is the seat of power for the Gorian Empire, the ogre civilization that ruled Draenor for generations, until the arrival of the draenei. A massive city that belies the ogre reputation for brutish stupidity, Highmaul is full of bustling markets, wealthy nobles, and the roar of the Coliseum crowd echoing through the streets of the slums. Visible from everywhere within the city's walls, Imperator Mar'gok's citadel casts a long shadow, a reminder of his watchful eye and iron grip.
The instance line and summoning stone for Highmaul are at Nagrand, between Mok'gol Watchpost and the Ancestral Grounds on the east coast of the big island. The nearest flight path is at at Rilzit's Holdfast, eastward along the northern road.in western
Geography and subzones
- <Warlord of the Shattered Hand>
- <The Living Mountain>
- <Walker of the Deep>
- <Breaker of Magic>
- <Sorcerer King>
The gear from Highmaul starts at item level 640 for Raid Finder mode, and increases by 15 item levels for each increase in difficulty. Each piece of loot has the chance to be Warforged, socketed, or contain a bonus stat. Warforged items are automatically 6 item levels higher than their regular versions. In addition to gear, players on the legendary ring quest line have a chance to receive Abrogator Stones from each boss kill.
- Pet rocks were once a fad in Highmaul.
- In Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, the Highmaul card back was rewarded for achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Season 19, which took place during October 2015. The flavor text reads: "5 out of 10 ogres agree: this card back is SMASHING!"
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): A raid-wide debuff has been added to reduce damage dealt by all creatures and NPCs in Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulty.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.
- See opening dates.
- See opening dates.