|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Northern Broken Isles
Contested territory (PvP realms only)
|Sources: World of Warcraft: Legion|
- Few places in Azeroth are as beautiful — or as perilous — as Highmountain. Its rugged slopes teem with wild beasts, roaring waterfalls, and breathtaking views. A vast network of caverns winds through the mountain's heart, holding legendary treasures and secrets from Azeroth's distant past.
Highmountain is a zone that dominates the northern horizon of the Broken Isles with its jagged peak. It is one of the last great frontiers of the isles, named in honor of Huln Highmountain for his bravery in the War of the Ancients. Following the War against the Iron Horde, the Burning Legion began to invade Azeroth through the Tomb of Sargeras. The tauren of Highmountain, descended from Huln Highmountain and other tauren who had fought in the War of the Ancients, had been living in peace with the local drogbar for generations, but when the Legion invaded, the drogbar stole the taurens' sacred artifact, the . The Highmountain are now at risk of being taken over by the drogbar and their king Dargrul the Underking, ruling his kin from the former lair of the black aspect Neltharion.
As is his habit when new parts of the world are ready to be discovered, the one and only Hemet Nesingwary makes his way to the mountains of the Broken Isles in search of new and exotic dangerous animals to hunt.
The namesake mountain of this region, Highmountain Peak, is among the tallest mountains in all of Azeroth, and the Highmountain range which surrounds it is filled with untamed wilds, deep canyons, fertile valleys and icy peaks. Because the waters of Highmountain flow into Suramar, Stormheim, and Val'sharah, the area serves as the lifeblood of virtually every region on the Broken Isles. Below the surface of the region lies an infinite network of tunnels and caverns, with steam and warmth implying potential volcanic activity.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Neltharion's Lair||100-110||5 player||Unknown|
- Flight Paths from Thunder Totem
- Flight Paths from Nesingwary's Retreat
- Flight Paths from The Witchwood
- Flight Paths from Felbane Camp
- Flight Paths from Skyhorn
- Flight Paths from Sylvan Falls
- Flight Paths from Stonehoof Watch
- Flight Paths from Prepfoot
- Flight Paths from Shipwreck Cove
- Flight Paths from Ironhorn Enclave
- Flight Paths from Obsidian Overlook
- Trueshot Lodge Flight Paths from
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Stormheim||100-110 (scaled)||Southeast||By foot or by flight path|
|Val'sharah||100-110 (scaled)||Southwest||By foot or by flight path|
- Main article: Highmountain NPCs
- Main article: Highmountain storyline
- Mountain lions
- Highmountain was mainly inspired by the Yosemite National Park, the Swiss Alps and Mount Everest.
- Highmountain as it appears in Legion is set during spring.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.