(Redirected from Ignite)
Tips and tactics
- Ignite cannot Critically Strike or Multistrike, and is unaffected by Haste.
- is included in this mastery if you are talented into it.
- Before becoming a mastery Ignite used to be generated from Critical Strikes only, but dealt 40% damage from the spell rather than 12%, and was triggered by all Fire damage spells.
- Prior to Patch 2.0.1, Ignite used to stack up to 5 times. This was due to the debuff limit that existed, allowing only one Ignite to exist per target. Ignite did not recalculate its damage, it simply dealt damage based off the spell that triggered it. Consequently this made Ignite the highest damage spell in the game, due to the fact that it could deal up to 200% damage of a spell critical strike for as long as it was "rolled."
- The term "Rolling Ignite" comes from the Pre-BC era when only one Ignite could exist per target. Any Mage talented into Ignite could add stacks to and extend the duration of the Ignite on the boss, "rolling" the Ignite until it expired due to a lack of critical strikes or was forced to expire due to aggro generation.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Ignite now deals the same total damage with a 1 second period (down from 2 seconds). Base duration changed to 5 seconds so that duration when refreshed remains 6 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned into Fire specialization mastery.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Ignite is now a 3 Ranks talent, down from 5 Ranks. Causes the target to burn for an additional 13/26/40%, up from 8/16/24/32/40%.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Now correctly benefits from the dispel resistance granted by the Arcane Subtlety talent. In addition, this talent will now properly include in its damage calculation any damage of the initial fire critical strike that was absorbed.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14):
- The effect of this talent will now still be placed on the victim if the caster is killed before their spell reaches the target.
- The damage done by this talent no longer receives modifications from effects that increase or decrease damage done by a percentage.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): This talent is no longer triggered by damage dealt by Molten Armor.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05):
- All mages now get their own Ignite debuff per target.
- Ignite no longer stacks.
- Ignite will now reset the DoT duration when recast.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): The effect of this talent will now still be placed on the victim if the caster is killed before their spell reaches the target.
- Patch 1.10.2 (2006-05-02): Bug fix: Should now proc correctly when landing a critical strike with a fire spell.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): This talent will now only trigger off fire damage generated by mage spells. In addition, when a fire spell is reflected back at the caster, the caster will now correctly receive the Ignite damage.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Can now be dispelled by any effect that dispels magic effects.