- Level 80 Fire mage ability
- Your target burns for an additional 12% over 5 sec of the total direct damage caused by your Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Inferno Blast, Scorch, Pyroblast, Flamestrike, and their multistrikes. If this effect is reapplied, any remaining damage will be added to the new Ignite.
Ignite is the Fire mage Mastery, improved by the mastery stat. Whenever the mage hits with [Fireball], [Frostfire Bolt], [Inferno Blast], [Scorch], [Pyroblast], [Flamestrike], or their multistrikes, the target burns for additional damage over 5 seconds.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Ignite now deals the same total damage with a 1 second period (down from 2 seconds). Base duration changed to 5 seconds so that duration when refreshed remains 6 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned into Fire specialization mastery.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Ignite is now a 3 Ranks talent, down from 5 Ranks. Causes the target to burn for an additional 13/26/40%, up from 8/16/24/32/40%.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Now correctly benefits from the dispel resistance granted by the Arcane Subtlety talent. In addition, this talent will now properly include in its damage calculation any damage of the initial fire critical strike that was absorbed.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14):
- The effect of this talent will now still be placed on the victim if the caster is killed before their spell reaches the target.
- The damage done by this talent no longer receives modifications from effects that increase or decrease damage done by a percentage.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): This talent is no longer triggered by damage dealt by Molten Armor.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05):
- All mages now get their own Ignite debuff per target.
- Ignite no longer stacks.
- Ignite will now reset the DoT duration when recast.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): The effect of this talent will now still be placed on the victim if the caster is killed before their spell reaches the target.
- Patch 1.10.2 (2006-05-02): Bug fix: Should now proc correctly when landing a critical strike with a fire spell.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): This talent will now only trigger off fire damage generated by mage spells. In addition, when a fire spell is reflected back at the caster, the caster will now correctly receive the Ignite damage.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Can now be dispelled by any effect that dispels magic effects.