John J. Keeshan
|Affiliation(s)||Stormwind, Bravo Company|
Before World of Warcraft
John J. Keeshan is a war veteran of the First, Second and Third Wars. He served in Bravo Company, under orders from Colonel Troteman, along with , , and . Keeshan served 248 consecutive tours of duty across the First, Second, and Third wars. At some point in the wars, Keeshan's wife Jade was killed by Blackrock orcs. He started to wear her pendant after that.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
Corporal Keeshan first appeared as a level 25 quest giver located deep in Render's Rock in the human-aligned zone of Redridge Mountains. During the Battle of Stonewatch Keep, he was attacked by the Blackrock orcs and dragged away to Render's Rock. He started an escort quest to lead him out of Render's Rock.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Keeshan was an orc prisoner for five years. After his rescue, Keeshan states that the townspeople of Lakeshire were "spitting on me, protesting me, calling me a baby orc killer and all kinds of vile crap". Keeshan became disillusioned with Lakeshire after being treated with contempt for his military service and refused to do anything to help out the town when it was being attacked. Adventurers, under the guidance of Colonel Troteman, helped to reignite his will to fight by recovering his lost belongings and helping reassemble Bravo Company, who had all been discovered to be alive but captured by Blackrock orcs.
With his belongings returned and his friends in Bravo Company reunited with him, Keeshan regained the will to fight. Keeshan led Bravo Company in an assault on Render's Valley, freeing the prisoners of war located there and then decimating it in an explosion that created Render's Crater.
Bravo Company later assaulted Stonewatch Keep, the stronghold of the Blackrock orcs, which culminated in a battle with the black dragon, . During the battle all the members of Bravo Company were killed except for the player and Keeshan, whom Darkblaze attempted to eat. Darkblaze flew over Lake Everstill with Keeshan in his mouth, and after some struggle, both of them fell into the lake's waters. Both Keeshan and Darkblaze were presumed to have died in the fight, and though his body was never found several of Keeshan's belongings were later recovered by Lakeshire's townspeople.
He is also one of the dozens of past NPC's encountered by adventurers aiding in the fight against Ragnaros' forces.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Redridge Mountains
- Burning Steppes
- They asked me to fight in those wars. I didn't ask them! I did what I had to do to win. So I end up getting captured by those filthy, crap-swilling, maggot orcs and for five long years they used me as a toilet. Finally I break out and head back to my hometown and what do I get? People spitting on me, protesting me, calling me a baby orc killer and all kinds of vile crap!
- I won't let those damned orcs invade Redridge again!
All I've ever known is war. Out here, I'm someone.
- His name, and the nature of the quests he gives in Cataclysm, are a reference to John Rambo.
- On a similar note his story seems to have several references to the Vietnam War.
- His name may also be a reference to children's television actor Bob Keeshan, who was once rumored to have fought in Iwo Jima.
- An unused NPC representing Keeshan is situated in the same ID range as other legendary warriors presumably meant to appear in Skyhold. He and most of these NPCs didn't make it out of the Legion alpha stage.