Central Eastern Kingdoms
The dwarven kingdom was founded after the awakened dwarves ventured out from the ancient city of Uldaman. The continent was named "Mountain of Khaz" in honor of the titan shaper . The mountains here are also called the Khaz Mountains.
During the Second War, Khaz Modan was occupied by the Bleeding Hollow clan, who was guarding the refinement operations of the Horde. Forces of Stromgarde and Kul Tiras were stationed along the northern border of Khaz Modan, fighting to keep the orcs from advancing into southern Lordaeron. made a name for himself as a great leader during the final battle for the liberation of the continent.
In the World of Warcraft Manual the continent of Khaz Modan is referred to as both Khaz Modan and Loch Modan.
Regions and domains in lore
- Thandol Valley (WC2)
"Khaz Modan" is also the name given to US and European servers:
It seems very likely that Khaz Modan derives its name from J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth and Khazâd, what Middle-earth's Dwarves name themselves in their native language of Khuzdul, and/or the ruined dwarven city of Khazad-dûm (Moria).
- ^ The Alliance of Lordaeron
- ^ Day of the Dragon
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Clans of the Horde, Bleeding Hollow Clan
- ^ Tol Barad (WC2 Human)
- ^ Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal manual, Legends of the Land, Danath
- ^ "The other two continents of the Eastern Kingdoms are Loch Modan in the center and Lordaeron in the north. Sometimes you will see reference to Azeroth the world, and other time you will see reference to Azeroth the continent." World of Warrcaft Manual, 104