Krol the Blade
- Not to be confused with The Blade.
- More skulls for the pile...
Krol the Blade shares abilities with all other mogu warrior champions.
Devastating Arc 6 yd range — Inflicts 65% of the target's max health to enemies within a semi-circle in front of the caster. 2.5 sec cast.
Summon Quilen — Summons a Quilen companion for 30 sec. 1.8 sec cast.
Titanic Strength — Call upon ancient powers to increase damage done. Instant.
Mogu Warriors are one of the simpler types of pandarian champion to defeat. They deal melee damage, and do not have any ranged abilities to discourage kiting. However, as with most champions, their basic attacks deal relatively little damage, which can make kiting unnecessary.
The key tactic for defeating Mogu Warriors is to avoid their Devastating Arc. This is an extremely potent attack that deals 65% of the target's maximum health; it is therefore highly inadvisable to allow yourself to be caught in it. Luckily, it has a 2.5 second cast, and is dealt in a large semi-circle in front of the Warrior, making it easy to avoid - when dust begins to rise from the ground, quickly move out of the affected area. Once the Warrior begins the cast, the area of effect remains fixed - perhaps the simplest way to escape it is therefore just to step behind the Warrior when he begins casting.
Mogu Warriors will also periodically summon Quilen to fight for them. However, the damage dealt by these pets is minimal, and it is often easiest to simply ignore them. Summoned Quilen Stonemaw despawn automatically after 30 seconds, and are usually replaced fairly quickly by a fresh one, which can make spending time defeating them fairly futile. However, they do not share their masters' immunities to crowd control, and can be easily disabled by many classes. Players can decide to invest time in regularly defeating or negating the Quilen, minimising damage from that source but in the process allowing more damage to be taken from the mogu, or simply opt to focus all of their attention on the main target.
The final Warrior ability is their stacking damage buff Titanic Strength. This will slowly increase their damage dealt, but shouldn't be of too much concern. As an enrage effect, it can also be soothed by some classes.
- Avoid Devastating Arc at all costs. Move out of the area when the Warrior begins to cast it, or simply step behind him.
- Summons a Quilen pet that can simply be ignored; alternatively kill, kite or cc it.
- Titanic Strength enrage effect will slowly increase the Warrior's damage dealt over time. This can be removed or simply ignored.
Krol the Blade always drops one of the following:
And has a chance to drop one or both of the following:
As a Pandarian champion, defeating Krol the Blade is part of the following achievements:
- Krol's name appears to come from the , a popular weapon from vanilla WoW, and to which Krol's weapon bears a striking resemblance.
- An unused NPC representing Krol the Blade is situated in the same ID range as other legendary warriors presumably meant to appear in Skyhold. He and most of these NPCs didn't make it out of the Legion alpha stage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.