Legendary quality is currently the highest level of item quality available to players, above Epic. It usually takes multiple end-game raid instance runs to acquire or craft these items. Legendary items are considered the most powerful items available to players. The names of legendary-quality items will appear in orange. There is also a higher category of item called Artifact that was introduced in World of Warcraft: Legion.
For the list of legendary items, see Legendary items.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
At the beginning of World of Warcraft: Legion, players are only able to equip one Legion Legendary item at a time. As the expansion progresses, the number of legendaries that can be equipped at once will go up.
- Prior to Legion, nearly all equippable legendary items were weapons. Most others were components used to create these weapons. One, the , is a mount.
- Legendary items cannot be transmogrified, nor be used to transmogrify.
- Equippable items of legendary quality always have one or more attribute bonuses or procs.
- Equippable items at legendary quality can't be disenchanted by characters with the Enchanting profession.
- Before and after The Burning Crusade, all of the legendary items required a complicated and arduous quest line in order to get them.
- The hexadecimal color code for legendary itemlinks is #ff8000.