|Race||Night elf (Humanoid)|
|Character class||Druid of the Flame|
|Affiliation(s)||' minions, Druids of the Flame and Old Gods' forces|
|Former affiliation(s)||Alliance, Cenarion Circle and Darnassus.|
|Occupation||Lieutenant of Fandral Staghelm|
|Status||Deceased (Lore) / Killable (WoW)|
|Relative(s)||(husband), Fandral Staghelm (father-in-law), Istaria (daughter)|
Leyara is a powerful Druid of the Flame with a strong hatred towards Malfurion Stormrage.
As the proud wife of Valstann Staghelm, she was devastated by his loss during the War of the Shifting Sands. At some point she lived with her daughter, Istaria, in relative peace in Ashenvale until the Horde launched its assault in the region during the Cataclysm, causing Istaria's death. Reeling from the loss of her daughter and highly disillusioned with Malfurion's passive stance in regards to the Horde, Leyara was discovered by her father-in-law Fandral Staghelm. Fandral, now aligned with Ragnaros and Deathwing, was able to induct Leyara into the new order of corrupted druids serving Ragnaros - the Druids of the Flame.
After being inducted, Leyara sneaks into Mount Hyjal to find and kill Malfurion. During her search she meets Hamuul Runetotem, successfully beats him in battle and assumes him dead. Some time afterwards, Malfurion and a band of adventurers confront her. Leyara tells them that Fandral was a true leader and that Malfurion is nothing more than a desperate dreamer with no strength to lead anyone, and that the Night Elves will see through his weakness. Malfurion then warns her that Fandral has been corrupted and that it runs deeper in him than she knows. Leyara, unheeding of Malfurion's warnings, tells him that she will kill his companions like she did Hamuul, only to see Hamuul arrive at the scene; Malfurion informs her that Hamuul survived. Hamuul tells her that he will release her from her pain, and wishes that she finally finds peace in death. In her final moments before being killed, Leyara claims that she seared the life from Hamuul's body.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Leyara walks out of the portal.
- Hamuul yells: Druids, hold your fire! She is unarmed!
- Malfurion yells: Wait a moment... I know that girl. Leyara, is that you?
- The friendly NPCs run up to her.
- Leyara yells: Minions of the Firelord, lay waste to these invaders! The Guardians of Hyjal shall burn for their arrogance!
- Leyara yells: You will all suffer the wrath of Ragnaros!
- Leyara yells: DIE!!!
- Leyara turns attackable by opening with a Fire Nova that hits for 20,000 Fire on players and 300,000 on NPCs, one-shotting all but the named elites. Leyara has 5.4 million health, but the NPCs hit hard. When she is nearly defeated...
- Leyara says: No matter. I shall watch Hyjal burn from afar.
- Leyara shifts into flight form, taking the form of a phoenix.
- Hamuul says: A flame druid... she is dangerous, Malfurion. You know her?
- Malfurion says: Yes, Hamuul. And she's more dangerous than you know.
- That Malfurion... fitting of him to send his <race> underling to speak with me.
- He has proven himself a coward, as always.
- Never you mind, <race>. The details of my past were burned away when I joined the Druids of the Flame. They are of no concern to you.
- Besides, I am here to discuss the future of this realm. And I do not plan to discuss it with you.
- Now answer me... where is Malfurion!?
- Very well. Malfurion shall press into the Firelands, and we will deal with him there. His judgment can wait for a few more brief days.
- <Leyara's eyes light up.>
- The tauren arch druid, however, will not be so luck.
- Leyara casts Smoldering Roots, stunning the player, as Hamuul walks up.
- Leyara says: It is already determined. You have no hope... the flames will consume all!
- Hamuul Runetotem says: You... you're the one from the portal... the druid of flame...
- Hamuul Runetotem says: You killed dozens of my students. You will pay for what you've done.
- Hamuul fires off a strike, hitting for a reasonable chunk of Leyara's health.
- Leyara says: Enough of this!
- Leyara casts Smoldering Roots on Hamuul, incapacitating him as well.
- Hamuul Runetotem says: What is this? I...can't move! Someone, help!
- Leyara starts channeling a fire spell at Hamuul.
- Leyara yells: Burn, tauren! BURN!!
- Hamuul drops, apparently dead, but Leyara keeps burning his smoldering body.
- Leyara says: Have you had enough yet? Have you felt enough pain?
- Leyara says: Now, look before you! One of Azeroth's most powerful "druids", reduced to nothing but a charred husk. Such is the will of Fandral Staghelm. Such is the will of the flame!
- Leyara says: Go on, then. Weep over the body of your precious tauren... though I assure you that your tears will not bring him back.
- Leyara shifts into her flight form and leaves. A Hyjal Protector walks up, stunned at the sight.
- Hyjal Protector says: What... what has happened?
- Leyara's spell on the player wears off.
- Hyjal Protector says: <Name>, I will attend to the Arch Druid. Malfurion and Matoclaw have requested your presence immediately.
You fight Leyara alongside four Shadow Wardens.
- Leyara says: I thought you might come. You've proven very persistent. Annoyingly so.
- Leyara says: It is time to be rid of you.
She taunts throughout the fight even when she kills a Warden.
- Leyara casts Crushing Flame, killing one of the Wardens.
- Leyara says: Here there is only fire, brimstone, and death.
- Leyara kills another Warden with Crushing Flame.
- Leyara says: All that awaits you is nothingness. Emptiness.
- Leyara kills a third Warden with Crushing Flame.
- Leyara says: They will abandon you when you need them most. They will leave you to burn.
- Leyara kills the final Warden with Crushing Flame.
- Leyara says: You know nothing of power. You cling to your allies in desperation, but they cannot save you.
- Malfurion Stormrage arrives and joins the battle.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Leyara, you must see that Fandral is beyond redemption. The corruption within him runs deeper than you know.
- Leyara says: Fandral was a true leader. You are nothing more than a desperate dream.
- Leyara says: You haven't the strength to lead anyone.
- Leyara casts Smoldering Roots, ensnaring Malfurion.
- Leyara says: I have more power than you'll ever know, Malfurion.
- Leyara casts Crushing Flame on you.
- Leyara says: I'll kill your companion just like I killed Hamuul. And there is nothing you can do about it.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: You did not kill Hamuul, Leyara. He lives.
- Hamuul Runetotem arrives and joins the battle.
- Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem yells: And I have come for you, Leyara.
- Leyara says: I don't believe it! I seared the life from your body!
- Malfurion, Hamuul, and the PC continue fighting Leyara. She nears defeat.
- Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem yells: I release you from this fate Leyara. May you finally find your peace in death.
- Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem casts Seed Burst, killing Leyara.
- Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem says: I'm sorry that I did not arrive sooner, though you seem to have held your own quite well.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: It is good to have you back, Hamuul. Let us leave this place.
- Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem says: We'll meet you back in camp.
- A vision appears, of Leyara and Fandral Staghelm at the grave.
- Arch Druid Fandral Staghelm says: Time passes, yet the sting of his death will not fade.
- Leyara says: Valstann, my dear husband, you left us too soon.
- A child appears near the pair.
- Leyara says: Our child has been born. It's a girl! A beautiful baby girl.
- Leyara says: I named her Istaria. She has your eyes.
- Arch Druid Fandral Staghelm says: Leyara, the two of you are all I have left. I swear to you, on my life, that my granddaughter will ALWAYS have my protection.
- A vision appears, of Leyara crying at the gravestone.
- Leyara says: I tried to save you Istaria, but I was too weak.
- Leyara says: Fandral would never have allowed the Horde to attack our home! And who did Malfurion send to defend us? No one!
- Fandral Staghelm, wreathed in flames, steps forth from near the ruins.
- Fandral Staghelm says: Your anger is not misguided.
- Leyara says: Who's there?
- Fandral Staghelm says: One who shares your pain. One who offers you the power to assuage it.
- Leyara says: Fandral! You escaped from prison?
- Fandral Staghelm says: I was rescued by some new allies. I'm sorry I was not here sooner.
- Leyara says: What is this power? What have you become?
- Fandral Staghelm says: You will learn in due time, my daughter. Come with me. Together, we will bring vengeance to those who have wronged us...
- Leyara nods.
- Fandral leads Leyara away.
She makes her first appearance during the quest , Afterward, she nearly kills in the quest . She is then killed in and her story is told from her necklace in the quest . Completing all 4 quests will reward the player with the achievement , which is a part of the meta-achievement . The player is also awarded with , an item with a 60-minute CD that applies a 10-minute transformation into a Druid of the Flame.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.