Mad Magus Tirth
|Level||40 - 42|
Magus Tirth's inability to stop the Cataclysm from flooding the Thousand Needles has caused him to go insane and become Mad Magus Tirth. He has recaptured , and places the blame of the Cataclysm on his former apprentice. They are both located in Tirth's Haunt, where Magus is the subject of the quest .
Magus spends his time trying to torture "Plucky".
Prior to Cataclysm, this NPC was known as Magus Tirth, a level 51 chicken vendor located at the Mirage Raceway in the contested territory of Thousand Needles. He wrote the book , but sold it due to gambling debts to a member of the Scarlet Crusade.
- Mad Magus Tirth yells: Stand still you worthless chicken!
- Mad Magus Tirth yells: Don't resist... I'm only trying to change you back into a man.
- Mad Magus Tirth yells: Dance, Johnson, dance!
- Mad Magus Tirth yells: Does anyone hear that voice? Make it stop!
- Mad Magus Tirth yells: I could have stopped the sea if not for your incessant clucking!
- Mad Magus Tirth yells: I know what I'm having for dinner tonight and it rhymes with "Sucky"!
- Mad Magus Tirth yells: What shall it be this time: fire or frost? Hmm?
- Mad Magus Tirth yells: Would you hurry it up over there? I don't have all day!
When "Plucky" Johnson transforms back into a human to sell to players Tirth will also yell out a bit of dialouge:
- Mad Magus Tirth yells: Hey! Why aren't you polymorphed? Enjoy it while it lasts, "Plucky"!
- His name sounds reminiscent of Minas Tirith.
- His quote "Dance, Johnson, Dance" may be a reference to the song "Dance, Soterios Johnson, dance" by Jonathan Coulton.