The main hand is the primary weapon hand slot for weapons that only need one hand to equip, but also used for two-handed weapons.
- Information about the weapon should tell you if it can be used on the main hand.
- The other hand is known as the off hand.
- For those with dual wield capability, weapons identified as main hand can not be used in the off-hand slot.
- Two-handed weapons use both main hand and off-hand slots, but the off-hand slot will appear empty.
- Patch 2.4.2 changed many main hand weapons into one-handed weapons.
- Patch 5.2.0 changes almost all remaining main hand weapons into one-handed weapons; exceptions include items that are part of weapon sets.